Maker Pro
Maker Pro

New here--Not sure where I should post my question

Cathy57

Jan 5, 2015
Hi, I have a problem with my LGblueray home theater 6 speaker system. As I purchased it used, I did not get the paperwork. I do have the remote. I have had it about 10 months now and I love it. However, all of a sudden, only 3 of the 6 speakers work now. I am not exactly sure what has happened. Would anyone have any idea what to do?--I thank you--Cathy57

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Welcome to electronicspoint.

Did you check the wiring?
What happens if you swap connections between speakers (on the home theater's connector panel)? Does the fault move with the connection?
Swap a working speaker's connection with that of a non-functioning speaker. If the formerly working speaker is now silent, the fault is most probably with the amplifier stahe of the home theater. If the formerly working speaker is working on the port where formerly the non-functioning speaker was connected, the other speaker or the wiring to the speaker is defect (although I admit it is unlikely that this happens for 3 speakers at the same time).

Have you tried LG's homepage for a copy of the manual? Sometimes the manuals contain tips for locating faults.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
moved thread to Electronics Repair section :)