Maker Pro
Maker Pro

New layout sucks

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
If you go to your preferences you can select the old layout.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The problems with the mobile layout largely disappear when you go into landscape view.

However, if I have to use landscape mode it will drive me to distraction. I tend to use the site on a mobile platform 90% of the time these days, so it's pretty important to me.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Here's the link to update the style (https://www.electronicspoint.com/forums/account/preferences), just select the old style from the dropdown list.

I have been using it ... but it now seems to have disappeared that dropdown list seems to have gone, I cant find it :( so I no longer have a choice to use the old style

The new style really REALLY sux :( it's dreadful ...
all the right side info has gone.
trying to find the basic info that used to be present is somewhere between difficult and impossible :(

there no right hand lists of ....
who's online
latest threads
staff online

to name 3 that I remember

sad to say, but the forum layout as it is now is just a pale shadow of its former glory :( :(

Dave

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I tried valiantly to use the new layout, but I've had to go back to the old format to regain lost functionality (especially, but not limited to the mobile platform).

I've reported some of the problems with the new format, but our new administrators must be too busy to address them.

I'm back to the old format. The menu is still there, or was at least until just before Christmas.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
And now that I need to do a search, I find I'm in the new format and I have no access to the advanced search or the ability to change back to the old format :-(

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
I have been using it ... but it now seems to have disappeared that dropdown list seems to have gone, I cant find it :( so I no longer have a choice to use the old style

I had a look yesterday and the old style wasn't available to select, but it looks like it's back on the account preferences page now. Give it another whirl and see if it's back again - I'm using the old style atm and it all seems ok (although I still have admin permissions for now, which may make a difference).

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I'm magically back in the old format. And the option to change formats is back.

Thanks... whoever...

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I had a look yesterday and the old style wasn't available to select, but it looks like it's back on the account preferences page now. Give it another whirl and see if it's back again - I'm using the old style atm and it all seems ok (although I still have admin permissions for now, which may make a difference).

thanks for the response, Ian :)

Thanks @eerob and co :)

eerob

Administrator
Oct 15, 2018
Sorry about that all, that was an error while I was tweaking things in the backend. As mentioned, the old style will always remain available.

computer-joe

Oct 6, 2016
wow this site changed so much since i last visited,

it's ugly and hard to use, yuck! i agree, the new layout is terrible, will draw people away, im thinking of leaving