Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Steve Johnson

Feb 10, 2012
New member here.

My main collecting interest is vintage test equipment although I do collect antique radios and phonographs also. You can view some of my test equipment collection here:
http://www.stevenjohnson.com/testers-misc.htm

I tried to post replies to some questions that have been asked here but I guess I have to post a few times first.

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
I tried to post replies to some questions that have been asked here but I guess I have to post a few times first.

posting replies should be allowed as long as you have an account. Welcome!

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hey Steve,

welcome to the forums,
Not so much these days, but back when I lived in New Zealand I used to do a lot of old valve radio restoration.
A very satisfying hobby :)

Dave

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Welcome to Electronics point.

I just want to point out two small things.

First is that we are non-commercial and don't like spam (including the advertising of your own web site.

Secondly, that your answer to the post about the Seth Tracer is a clear example of what *IS* allowed, since it provides information to the original poster that he was clearly after (i.e. it follows the "answering the question" rule) and it was the sort of thing an otherwise disinterested third party might post (i.e. it's not self-promoting spam).

I am making a point of this because 99% of people DON'T follow the rules even after they're told and, I'm really appreciative of people who do (and they're normally the one that don't need to be told).

So thanks for taking the time to become a member and to post that reply which will hopefully get back to the original poster (in most cases he will receive an email).

Your collection of test equipment looks really interesting. How did you start collecting this stuff?

Steve Johnson

Feb 10, 2012
I've been collecting radios since I was around 16. About 10 years ago I found an interesting tube tester from the early 1930s and started to look for information about the company that made it and when. That got me hooked on old test equipment and it's history.

Sorry about posting the link to the collection page but I've never seen a forum where links to non-commercial pages was not allowed. I just thought some here might find the antique test equipment interesting.

sivanani

Feb 14, 2012
i am new member to the site i want do some research on power management
and low power design can u suggest me some burning issues related to both of them