Maker Pro
Maker Pro

New to the forum and I plan on expanding my knowledge in electronics, especially soldering.

Jbwigg

Feb 9, 2017
I'm Jacob and I enjoy interacting on forums to gain wisdom in different areas so I figured this would be a good forum for me getting into micro soldering and possible other electrical uses later on.

Currently my knowledge with electronics is very limited. I've been in charge of programming a robot for a high school competition, I've soldered headphone wires back to the speaker, soldered a few wires to other wires and surface contacts, all the general wire solder to contacts that come with varies hobbies (connectors were standard deans and xt-60), and changed a few ballists in light fixtures.

My current reason for joining is that I'm about to go to college (fall of 2017) and I have been interested in different electrical careers. I've also ran into a dilemma of having to microsolder a charging harness for my iPad Air for it to work again.

Thanks for the forum, which seems active, and I hope to learn my way around the forum shortly.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi ya Jacob
welcome to EP :)

Location ... MS .. Mississippi maybe ?
haven't got into that state yet during my storm chasing

Jbwigg

Feb 9, 2017
I've updated the MS to Mississippi. Sorry for the confusion, I was glad to find the 'useful websites' thread for forums and purchasing products.
I might be purchasing something from adafruit if there is no objection from friends and a quick forum post.
What all electronics fields do you interact with?

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
Welcome to EP. The answer to your last sentence would be soup to nuts with the exception of OU electronics, physics.

Chris