Maker Pro
Maker Pro

New to the Site

AllanG6

Sep 30, 2019
hi l am new to this site or any other site like this, I am in my 70s and was in the 70s & 80s quite active on ham radio, now retired l have a little more spare time where l have been building the odd project from kits off Ebay. I am seeking to find if anyone has any AM or FM PCB boards for sale. I have used pad board which is fine but l would prefer to use a PCB board. or if you know of any website where l can buy one of these from that would be a big help
regards
allan

Attachments

• Radio 1.jpg
    Radio 1.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Radio 2.jpg
    Radio 2.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 11

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
Hello and welcome !
Do you wish to buy a kit that includes PCB ?

I guess i can build the PCB's for you if you have the layout or even the circuit diagram but i am not sure if that is what you need.
Here is a link where you can see some of the boards i made. All of them are hand made by me.
https://www.electronicspoint.com/forums/threads/pcb-building.273651/
of course if you google for PCB manufacturers you will find that there are tons of them and many sell at very low prices but some people still use Hand made boards (like me for example).

Again welcome and i hope you will find what you are looking for.

AllanG6

Sep 30, 2019
hello Constantine thank you so much for getting back to me l will have a look at the link you sent to yes those look just what l am looking for. I have never got into developing my boards. I have added a image please get in touch with me at anytime. one of my problem is since having a stroke is l am not able to get out and about to go and visit any of these ham radio clubs,

kind regards
allan

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-09-20 at 16.28.05.png
    Screenshot 2019-09-20 at 16.28.05.png
    155.9 KB · Views: 10

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
I am glad you liked them
hello Constantine thank you so much for getting back to me l will have a look at the link you sent to yes those look just what l am looking for.
Thank you sir !
one of my problem is since having a stroke is l am not able to get out and about to go and visit any of these ham radio clubs,
I am so sorry to hear that... I wish you get better soon. My best wishes.

I have added a image please get in touch with me at anytime.

The circuit looks very simple. I can even solder most of the components on the board before shipping it if you wish. The only problem i see is that i do not have the footprints of the coils and variable capacitor since there are so many different kinds out there, even custom made. I also have to let you know that i can not apply solder mask for now because i lack the necessary films but i can certainly tin the board.

I will prepare a layout for you to take a look tomorrow.

Thank you so much sir for showing interest in my hand made PCB's :) I wish the best for you. Have a nice day.

AllanG6

Sep 30, 2019
HI Constantine l just need the board l can do the rest myself if that's is ok and please let me know how much it will be
regards
allan
Stoke on Trent
UK

AllanG6

Sep 30, 2019
looking at your photos makes me think l should try something like this what kind of materials do you use

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
I use the toner transfer method. You will need a computer, some PCB design software, a laser printer of high resolution, toner transfer paper, a cloths iron, copper clad, some steel wool, etching solution and tinning solution, a dremel with drill bits and last but not least alot of patience.
It's not that hard to make a board but it is very time consuming. Other than that its just a matter of practice before you come up with your "equation" how much time to heat the board and the amount of pressure needed to transfer the toner, how long etching will take and how strong the solution needs to be...