Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Newbie needing some assistance with a project.

Aperturelab

May 6, 2016
Never. I havent done any electrical work for anything till the last couple months

Aperturelab

May 6, 2016
Alright. i got everything working beautifully. So since everything was finished, i started gutting the pip boy, redone the paint job. and started adjusting the wires to fitt everything neatly in the walls. light bar works fine, but now im getting interference in my speaker. so ill have to single out the amp from anything light meter related (mainly hooking up all my grounds to save space) and take it step by step from there.

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
Alright. i got everything working beautifully. So since everything was finished, i started gutting the pip boy, redone the paint job. and started adjusting the wires to fitt everything neatly in the walls. light bar works fine, but now im getting interference in my speaker. so ill have to single out the amp from anything light meter related (mainly hooking up all my grounds to save space) and take it step by step from there.
Interesting, was the ground for the amp previously separate from the lighting circuit? Were they both run off the same battery source? Post pics when you can.

Aperturelab

May 6, 2016
yeah, they both run off the same battery. everything is powered by a tapped phone battery. Tinkered around with the wiring, fleshed out my audio cables and the external antennae so I know it isnt them. got it to tone down a lot, but i still have a light whining noise coming from the speaker. I have a feeling that it'll never be entirely clear of background noise because the power source and the audio source come from the same device. so perhaps thats just an unhelped byproduct. Ill post some pictures of the rewiring i did the other day soon, when i have natural daylight to take it in.

Aperturelab

May 6, 2016
So! a few things, since Ive last spoke. battery meter works beautifully. installed a switch to change between dot and bar mode. and installed a opaque shield over the LED's to blend them together a bit more. im thinking about removing it, but ill have to see. The newest problem is something i tried to figure out how to do at the very beginning of the pip-boy. a retractable charge cable. what Ive struggled with. Was how to make it spin on a fixed point. while maintaining 4 separate electrical connections for the usb. Hot, Ground, Data+, Data -. i gave up for some time and just had a fixed spool that i wrapped my usb around. last couple days i had the idea of using audio components of a 3.5 jack and socket, since headphones spin perfectly fine while plugged into a music player without fault in sound quality. but im hitting a snag. it charges my pip-boy great. but the data doesn't seem to work. Ive triple checked my soldering joints, and the usb ends to make sure they're fully operational. and they're good. What would pull back data info from going through and audio connection, while electricity can pass unaltered. Any ideas you have is extremely appretiated.

Attachments

• IMG_2714.JPG
    IMG_2714.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2715.JPG
    IMG_2715.JPG
    248.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2716.JPG
    IMG_2716.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2717.JPG
    IMG_2717.JPG