Maker Pro
Maker Pro

newbie with new project.

watchman34

Mar 4, 2014
Here's what I want to do. I have a e-caller(its for hunting).It has a 3.5 mm audio jack that can be used for a decoy. I have a decoy but no 3.5mm inlet. What I want to do is run the cord from the e-caller to the decoy and hard wire it to the decoy. I also want the decoy to run of its own batteries and not the e-caller. Is there a switch that I can put in between the batteries and the motor on the e-caller that the 3.5mm can be hooked to so it can trip the switch to on and off. e-caller is ran by 8 AA and decoy is run by 4AA
Thank You

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
so if I have this right you have 2 devices that you want to hook together,
the ecaller sends out a signal via a 3.5mm jack.
the decoy you wish to use with said ecaller has no jack so I assume it just does whatever it does when you put in batteries?
ok the simplest way for me to get this working would be to find out what signal the ecaller sends out. hopefully its just a power level. I would then replace the switch in the decoy with a relay...... having said all of that I have no idea what an ecaller is or does, I have no idea how your ecaller or decoy work and I am a little bit tired..... but that sounds bout right to me

watchman34

Mar 4, 2014
an E-caller is a small radio that has animal sounds down loaded with a sd card.We use it to hunt animals.Coyots,bob cats...etc.Thank you They do make a decoy that has an 3.5mm imput.Can you send me in the right direction to find the right parts. Greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

shumifan50

Jan 16, 2014
When you plug the 3.5mm into the decoy(on those that have it), what extra does the decoy do? Does it introduce movement in the decoy or does it cause the decoy to produce the same sound as the ecaller?
Could you post the description of the 3.5mm jack use from the instruction manual here and also the description of what it does?

watchman34

Mar 4, 2014
the e-caller just sends a signal thru the 3.5 audio jack that turns on the decoy.(the decoy only spins).What I'm looking for is an on/off switch that is run by the 3.5 audio jack.