Noisemaker Revenge Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

6_6_6

Oct 20, 2007
I have some questions:

1) 1 sec FOR, 1 sec STOP, 1 sec REV: Harmful for motor? What about
1 sec FOR, NO STOP, 1 sec REV?

2) Possible to use motor adapter to power both motor and the board? Right now using 2 adapters.
Assuming POWER - is going to GND and + going to VIN. (EDIT: Yes, worked!)

3) Can de board be attached to the case with double-sided tape from backside?

HTB1I5CYXdfvK1RjSspoq6zfNpXam.jpg

Last edited:

6_6_6

Oct 20, 2007
Wow, this is fantastic.

If I keep the delay 0 sec, it hits like jackhammer! Love it!

Motors adapter also worked.

6_6_6

Oct 20, 2007
All packed, finished. Working great!
Hey buddy, thanks a whole lot!

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Regarding running the board and motor from the same power supply. If it gets too warm, change it for a higher amperage ie: 3A for a 5A adapter.
Double sided tape will depend on the quality and location. I’d probably drill a small hole either side of the board into the housing and put a zip tie (cable tie) around for good measure.

Maybe one day you could share the reason for needing a jackhammer on the ceiling.

Martin

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Thanks for sharing.
Such a shame that some people are so ignorant. My mother had similar with a neighbour upstairs. We offered carpet too. It escalated when my mother was flooded once a week. Yep, once a week!. Upstairs always had their window open, I used to wait until 3am and then send in rocket fireworks via my fishing rod. This went on for 3 months when they called a truce. We happily agreed and my mother never had a problem again. Occasionally, fight fire with fire is the last resort.

Martin

6_6_6

Oct 20, 2007
Some update. I have not used this thumper much.

I have Buttkicker LFE attached to ceiling.

Wow, this one is crazy. There is no noise in the room, but on the other side, there is this crazy deep bass sound.
If you feed it a pure 12Hz sine wave, it really jackhammers! I did a test run, the person is up right away! And they don't understand where it is coming from!
Best thing, no sound on side walls or in the room!

6_6_6

Oct 20, 2007
Thanks for sharing.
Martin

Buddy, I really thank you so much for all the help in this. The animal has stopped, I finally have peace!!!

I should have done this years ago instead of letting us get tortured by trying to be civilized!

I did not let the animal sleep for 3 weeks. I put the motor on auto with Smart Plug, hitting few minutes at various times of the night. At random times, I unleashed Buttkicker. All these hit 10 inches under his head! First he could not figure out. Then he went apeshit crazy with his noises when he realized it was me. I don't care really. Can't do me anything more than what was being done. Then he called the building security and management on me. Then the cops. I denied everything like he did. I never stopped.

Now there is not a beep in my flat. I stopped. WTF is wrong with people???

I will donate big money to Buttkicker company!

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Let's hope he is being civilized rather than a bad smell and maggots entering your property:eek::eek:.
Although I cannot condone your actions, I am glad you sorted it out.

Martin

6_6_6

Oct 20, 2007
Let's hope he is being civilized rather than a bad smell and maggots entering your property:eek::eek:.

Martin

Don't worry, I am not looking for validation.

Last edited:

6_6_6

Oct 20, 2007
I have 4 of these buttkickers. I have 2 installed in the ceiling, but only used 1, and that also at 70% power.
I have stopped, but if this animal ever wakes me up from my sleep, I have it on timer to run for a week.

Jhonwx

Mar 20, 2021
Regarding running the board and motor from the same power supply. If it gets too warm, change it for a higher amperage ie: 3A for a 5A adapter.
Double sided tape will depend on the quality and location. I’d probably drill a small hole either side of the board into the housing and put a zip tie (cable tie) around for good measure.

Maybe one day you could share the reason for needing a jackhammer on the ceiling.

Martin
Thank you for this valuable information :)

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Thank you for this valuable information :)

That information obviously depends on many factors.
That both devices require the same voltage.
But most importantly, the amperes required for each device. Using a higher amperage power supply is always a good idea. For example, two devices require 0.5A (500mA) each. Using a 1A power supply would be running at 100%. Keep it at a max of about 75%.
Better still, double up. If the devices require 1A each (2A total) use a 4A supply or 3A minimum.

Martin

Last edited:

6_6_6

Oct 20, 2007

Martin

Given that you helped me so much with this, I am obliged to give you more updates even though the route I chose is different.

The animal has stopped completely. I have peace in my home many months now. I have not used buttkickers again from last time I wrote here. I really should have done this years ago instead of spending so much time (and money = lawyers) trying to sort this out in a civilized manner (which apparently you can't in underdeveloped countries since there are no proper noise ordinances).

DO NOT FORGET: YOU CANT BE CIVIL WITH AN ANIMAL / PSYCHOPATH. DON'T TRY, DON'T BOTHER.

Great forum, great help! Many thanks!

And a big f/uck you to internet snowflakes who accuse me in this situation and advise me to sell my home and move somewhere else.

wide_wallaby

Aug 12, 2022
Hey man, I've been having a similar problem with my upstairs neighbour for awhile now. I've got 3 thumper running and even built a soundproof box to mitigate most of the noise inside our own home.

Been thinking of building a device using tactile transducer which I believe is what the buttkicker is made from, and blasting some low frequency sine waves.

My question is, do you live in a concrete building or one made from other materials?

My initial test with a couple of transducer didn't yield much results in the way of transmission. But if you live in a concrete building as well and the buttkicker worked, then I'll just have to build one with a little more oomph.

6_6_6

Oct 20, 2007
Hey man, I've been having a similar problem with my upstairs neighbour for awhile now. I've got 3 thumper running and even built a soundproof box to mitigate most of the noise inside our own home.

Been thinking of building a device using tactile transducer which I believe is what the buttkicker is made from, and blasting some low frequency sine waves.

My question is, do you live in a concrete building or one made from other materials?

My initial test with a couple of transducer didn't yield much results in the way of transmission. But if you live in a concrete building as well and the buttkicker worked, then I'll just have to build one with a little more oomph.

My ceiling is concrete. I have false ceiling before this.

You have to let the Buttkicker LFE bottom out for jackhammer sounds. Feed a sine wave and play with volume to get it the level you want. It is extremely effective. I never needed to use more than 1 Buttkicker LFE and I did not need to do it more than a minute. I have the amp started from a smart plug, so I could schedule the time and duration of it automatically.

Make sure they are secured with metal anchors. Search for wall bolts, or sleeve bolts.

Obviously you have to do this at night when all is quiet. The aim is to disturb a person's life. During day they can turn the volume up, or use noise-cancelling headphones, so it would not be effective. I did not need a soundproof box around but if you are sleeping in the same room, it makes sense.

FYI, mofo tenant left and normal human came. I have not used my buttkicker ever since. My issue is resolved.

Last edited:

6_6_6

Oct 20, 2007
Here is a list of some YT vids that is very effective if you don't want Buttkicker LFE bottoming out.

6_6_6

Oct 20, 2007

Forget ceiling thumpers. Not effective. Buttkicker LFE is the one. I can't edit the first post to mention that.

Sorry for hte long delay in reply. Somehow I was unsubscribed to the thread.

6_6_6

Oct 20, 2007
I got a lot of privates on this matter. I can't edit original post.

FORGET CEILING THUMPER. It is waste of your money. You need Buttkicker LFE setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.