Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Noob question - clap activated pcb

Hpops

Jan 30, 2021
Hi

I was wondering if you might be able to help me. I have a miniature fairy garden diy kit that I have made and part of this are lights that turn on and off when you clap.

Unfortunately, the pcb/leds provided don't work for long as they are poor quality (I think it might be burning the led's out??). As you can tell I know nothing about electronics!!! but I would like to build my own PCB solution that works properly. Can anybody help me with this? Is there a kit I could buy, if not how would I go about creating this myself?

The finished PCB would have to be very small to fit in the fairy garden. It would need to power 2-5 leds and switch on and off when it detects a clap.

I’ve attached a pic of the pcb supplied.

Many thanks in advance
IMG_0044.jpg

ratstar

Aug 20, 2018
To detect a clap, you could detect something really loud, followed by the ambient noise in the room, which would be changing over time, depending on what else is on in the vicinity.

Pretty tricky if u dont understand electricity, but a fairly simple project if you do.

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
If the LEDs do not work for long then maybe you have a cheap low quality battery. There is a huge difference between a good battery from USA or Europe compared with a junky Chinese battery bought at The Dollar Store.