Maker Pro

Not sure about this resistor value

Lucv

Dec 21, 2022
hi,
Need help on this resistor value.

Is this the right value 4.78 ohms?

Thanks

It's on a small pcb on a Swingline shredder. no schematics.

Attachments

• risistor swingline2.jpg
    risistor swingline2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 11
  • risistor swingline-code.jpg
    risistor swingline-code.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 11

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir lucv . . . . .

Is this the right value 4.78 ohms?

TOTALLY SCRATCH . . . . that 0.08 degree of ohmmic precision...
This is in a paper shredder . . . . not a 5 decimal point accuracy meter / instrument .

I have no coin being placed to its side for physical size referencing but I'm thinking of a 1 or 2 watt metal film type ( They are DUUUUUUUUURABLE ! ! ! . . . .even working at power levels up to a dull red glow . . . . when being viewed in the dark )
I think that the rendered color fidelity / acuity is faithfully showing me the YELLOW-VIOLET and a next SILVER band . . .agree ? . . .and with questionable color, of the next band and a final, of minimal interest GREEN band .
Therefore a 3rd SILVER makes it a 4.7 ohms . . .or if GOLD . . . . for .47 ohm and its probable use, is being as a surge current limiting resistor, and would definitely favor the 4.7 ohm value.
Does the unit read any ohms at all ? if not, with the wide spiral wound resistor construction, you should be able to place an ohmmeter in its low ohms scale and EXPECT to measure from either end and carefully scrape just thru the mid point / exact dead centers paint covering to let the other ohmmeter probe make electrical contact and read the actual 1/2 total resistance of / at that good HALF of the unit.

73's de Edd . . . . .

The main problem with electrical trouble shooting, is that . . . . . .sometimes . . . . . . . that trouble shoots back !

Last edited: