Maker Pro
Maker Pro

off topic problem with fancy smart kegger and gas, fluid cooling system.

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
I got the compressor and electronics working(a miracle in itelf)...
The fridge compressor is empty... or at least ...it has no pressure in it. There are 2 ports. One on the "filter" and the other on a stub that enters the compressor. Which one do I put the refrigerant can on and which one do I put the vacuum from my ac gauges? I tell you this with demeanor... and that when you connect a big badass computer network to a handyman you are just asking for trouble. So maybe you could skip the "I know that one" policy of redirection and smoke and mirrors?!!? Just answer "stub" or "filter", if you know the correct answer please... and bar keep, I'll have another one of those homebrews...(this guy makes great homebrew, you can tell by the big grin on his face...)

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Switch the pump on momentarily and put your finger over one of the pipes. The one that sucks is the one the refrigerant goes in. Generally - if I understand your description - the 'stub' is the gas input and usually pinched off/soldered closed after charging. The compressors in my fridges have actual valves that take the gas canisters so I've never come across this issue.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
If you have only two pipe stubs, the larger pipe size is normally the suction line.
Discharge is then the line going to the condensor, then the filter dryer and finally the capiliary line up to the evaporator.
If indeed capiliary controlled, for ATX control, similar.
If only one suction line, then charging and evacuation facilitates the need to install a tee piece, either with an installed schrader valve or simply a 1/4" copper pipe which is clamped and phoscopper welded closed after charging/service.
Control of the vacuum and recharging done via pressure guage manifold.
As kellys_eye says, the suction ........sucks........:cool:

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
Thanks, for KellysEye, you got to know that I put the stuff in the stub, but that's not where the suck was, and for Bluejets, well with two connectors, you can see the high pressure and the low pressure at the same time.... (those two guages on the AC gas thing... that's just a manifold. Not a guage set or metering system they both are opened to the middle line by the valves on each side)

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Nope, as usual, wrong again.

Attachments

• Manifold.jpg
    Manifold.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 2