Maker Pro
Maker Pro

old kitchen fan doesn't work

Neth

Jan 13, 2022
my kitchen fan doesn't work anymore after I took it apart to clean it. pfff. Yess I know why didn't I take pictures its stupid but I didn't.
So now I dont know in which order to put the parts back.
I took a picture 1 is left is the first part I think then the far right is the last.

I this correct see picture? I dont even know how this system works, and yess the fan did work
before I decided all this.

Attachments

• AA2B5CAD-2348-474D-9D71-DA490AD50D49_1_201_a.jpeg
    AA2B5CAD-2348-474D-9D71-DA490AD50D49_1_201_a.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 23

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Very difficult without another to compare it with. No pictures on google images either.
5, 6 and 7 look promising, but does the spring fit snugly in 5?.
Where are the blades or fan?.
Does it have three holes or does the motor housing have three holes for screws?.
3 is either a bushing (bearing) or spacer.
Place the fan on the motor shaft. Does it rub on the motor housing?. Add #1 washer over motor bearing. Does fan still rub?.
It’ll be a jigsaw and trial to get it right without a diagram or picture to copy.

Martin

Neth

Jan 13, 2022
First of all thanks for the reply I made a picture of what is still in the window so the bakelite cover goes over that.
There is still a rubber ring I leave that there I know for sure that is good. Can't find anything on the internet
I dont really know how this is called :(

Attachments

• 09E31FDB-0B0E-4620-A2B9-49D9B0231321.jpeg
    09E31FDB-0B0E-4620-A2B9-49D9B0231321.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 14

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Parts 2-7 are the bearing assy.
Part 1 is for the rotor shaft (rotor end slop shim)
7 would have been rivited/screwed into the rear casing.
Inside the casing would be a recess for the bronze oil-lite bearing No.3 (first part of reassembly)
Second part would be the spring washer retainer(now broken) part No. 2
Then would follow oil wick part no. 4, followed by nylon washer part no. 5
Then the spring part no. 6 and finally the cap part no.7 and whatever rivets or screws you do not show.

With part no.2 broken, not much point trying to get it to work again as this holds the bearing central.
They are known as a self-aligning bearing and need this part to stop the bush rotating.

Neth

Jan 13, 2022
Thanks so much for your reply, its getting clear to me. Nr. 2 is just a flat rubber ring. I have to check
if I can buy that. So far the rubber rings are thicker pffff.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Neth . . . . .

I believe that your REAL answer of proper re-assemblage of your " puzzle" will be by the making of an inspection of the . . . .basically same . . . . . . stacking of those equivalent parts on the other end of the motor that has the motor shaft passing completely thru them.
Whereas your shown end, has the short of the motor shaft being supported.

Now, I also want to know, if the item 7 is being affixed to its associated motor plate end, by short machine / or/ .sheet metal screws or rivets ?
Would the unbroken item 2 have been a friction fit onto the motor shaft ?

Notice that the ovaloid shaped item #3, sintered bronze bushing, will have one of its ends being slightly nestled into the chamfered / sloping hole within the item # 5.
Is there a chance that the distinctively smaller overall diameter item #1, will also fit the other end of the bushing and also slightly nestle into its internal sloping chamfer ?

The photograph also seems to show the hole in the item #4 felt washer is being quite large in relation to the O.D. of the # 3 bushing.
Usually it is being a snug fit around the item #3 bushing, as its purpose is to initially be super soaked with oil and thru the years, it uses capillary action and surface tension to weep that oil into and throughout that bushings micro pores.
Excluding . . . . . a potential failure factor of having final oil depletion or the transition of some prior " oil / to / varnish" build up on the bushings internals and the mating rotational portion of the motor shaft. That makes the rotation friction sluggish or even total lock down can occur.

Thaaaaaaaaassit . . . . .

73's de Edd . . . . .

upload_2022-1-22_13-3-45.png

Neth

Jan 13, 2022
Hi thanks for your reply, iam a little bit stupid the fan was actually working but while I was cleaning I thought ohw I see screws under lets unscrew it and start taking the parts out not knowing it was that much and without taking pictures. pfffff.
part 7 screws in the brown cap see picture. Part 2 I can't answer that it came off all pretty easy.
About the other parts I can tell you that they all came out of there part 3/4. Sorry for all this thanks a lot for the guys who all try to help I'm sorry I'm not a native English speaker :).

Attachments

• 2BCFF24B-CED0-43D5-AD93-AC91C57D7BE8.jpeg
    2BCFF24B-CED0-43D5-AD93-AC91C57D7BE8.jpeg
    22.2 KB · Views: 3