Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Old motherboard Abit IC7 doesn't show anything

N3Star

May 2, 2021
Hi, some time ago I got myself a great retro motherboard - Abit IC7. It used to work... Yeah, used to. I checked it myself, right after it arrived in the mail, booted only with Radeon 9550, which is the newest card, operating on newer AGP standard, older GPUs would show nothing. Right after I moved I noticed 3 bad caps (marked red), which I replaced with some more or less junky ones thinking bad, but working is still better than good, but faulty. And after that board doesn't show anything. It still tries to live - LED's are working, fans turn, speaker beeps when there is no RAM or GPU. The weird thing is that without anything connected it beeps that it has no GPU, but diodes on the keyboard initialize, numlock and capslock seem to work, but as soon as GPU is in, keyboard is only initialized, but after that all diodes are off, buzzer is silent. Today I replaced these caps with used, but better quality, unfortunately no change. The one thing I noticed that (marked blue) 2 13N03L MOSes are very hot to touch. As with my skill in hot air soldering it would mean pretty much destroying one PCI slot I really don't want to desolder them, so do you, experts :), think that these might be causing this behaviour?
ic7-g-board.jpeg

N3Star

May 2, 2021
Hi, some time ago I got myself a great retro motherboard - Abit IC7. It used to work... Yeah, used to. I checked it myself, right after it arrived in the mail, booted only with Radeon 9550, which is the newest card, operating on newer AGP standard, older GPUs would show nothing. Right after I moved I noticed 3 bad caps (marked red), which I replaced with some more or less junky ones thinking bad, but working is still better than good, but faulty. And after that board doesn't show anything. It still tries to live - LED's are working, fans turn, speaker beeps when there is no RAM or GPU. The weird thing is that without anything connected it beeps that it has no GPU, but diodes on the keyboard initialize, numlock and capslock seem to work, but as soon as GPU is in, keyboard is only initialized, but after that all diodes are off, buzzer is silent. Today I replaced these caps with used, but better quality, unfortunately no change. The one thing I noticed that (marked blue) 2 13N03L MOSes are very hot to touch. As with my skill in hot air soldering it would mean pretty much destroying one PCI slot I really don't want to desolder them, so do you, experts :), think that these might be causing this behaviour?
View attachment 51654
I went ahead and replaced the MOSFETs. Did not change anything. The only idea now is to reheat NB, because of board bending.