Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Old Yamaha audio spare parts (new)

Jonathanjones

Jun 12, 2016
I have a box of what looks like hundreds of circuits parts--for lack of a better term. I see a lot of Yamaha and sylvania brands. Most are labeled in money envelopes with part numbers. Some examples are Yamaha pre driver ig 02940, ig001020, ig990030, Sylvania ecg720, ecg7474. Not sure what they are or if there is any value. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_0598.JPG
    IMG_0598.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 149

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
Look them up on E-Bay and then try to sell at competitive price ?

Jonathanjones

Jun 12, 2016
Thanks but the lack of knowledge I have with the components and the quantity would make looking them up very difficult, What would I search for on Ebay? Is there a market for older(vintage) components?

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
Is there a market for older(vintage) components?
I am not sure about that.

Again i think that it would be better for you to search e-bay for the part numbers you have written on the envelopes and check the price ranges they give and try to sell them that way.
I understand that the lack of knowledge abou the components but you can sure compare the part numbers and the actual items with what you see on e-bay.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I don't know if you know who compiled your collection.
I will say, that I have run across a great many assortments such as the one you have in flea markets and garage sales, that the sellers claimed they did not know anything about. Often-times, guys who run-up collections such as
yours will buy a new part, unsure if it will fix the problem they have. If it doesn't fix the problem, they will assume the
part they just removed is good, and save it in their parts collection stash.
I'd look at some of the components and see if they are actually new parts, Not a lot of people will want used/unknown parts. If the parts are actually new, you don't know what they are, have no use for them, and want to
sell them: you can list them on eBay or Craigslist, or some other site like that. If you show a picture, a part-count, and a starting price on eBay, let the buyers bid on your collection until you get the highest price you can for them.
In answer to your question: somebody will want them if they are new and unused.

Jonathanjones

Jun 12, 2016
Thanks for the reply. Most of the plastic bags still have the staple keeping the bag closed so I do think they are unused (I guess someone could have stapled the bag closed). I picked up the entire collection from a school that was tossing them into the dumpster.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
You're not going to want to hear this, but you've got a pretty diverse collection of parts there. I don't know why a school
would buy parts unless they intended to install them in something. So you may have a collection of removed/discarded parts that the
instructor had been saving after new-part replacement. And has now discarded them at the end of the school year.
I again urge you to inspect some or all of what you have. New parts have un-bent, un-soldered leads. They will actually
appear new. If you have parts with obvious human--hand handling, they don't have much value to anyone except
a hobbyist who saves scrap in the event he gets desperate for a particular part and won't buy a new replacement.
I hope you have new parts there that you can get some money for, but I suspect that you don't.

Jonathanjones

Jun 12, 2016
Thanks for the advice. I have attached a photo if you could tell me if you think if it is new or used I would really appreciate it

Attachments

• IMG_0600.JPG
    IMG_0600.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 114

Jonathanjones

Jun 12, 2016

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
If you don't sell on eBay, Google the next Ham Radio Hamfest (Amateur Radio flea market get-together) in your area. At least some of the parts in your picture are new. A lot of guys show-up for those to buy electronic components.

Jonathanjones

Jun 12, 2016
After emptying our the box of parts I came across an AT14Sa audio-tehnica device. Any idea what it is and value

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Most people check eBay to see if there is an equivalent. It's usually a good place to find out what something is actually worth to other people.