Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Olympus Keymed KS-2 ultrasonic cleaner

TenderTendon

Dec 20, 2014
This has been my workhorse for many years. I use it almost every day and really rely on it. Recently it has been giving me nothing but headaches. I'm about to give up on it. A couple months ago, I noticed the tank agitation drop to almost nothing. Tore it apart and found one transducer broke free from the tank. I remounted the transducer with metal filled epoxy, re-assembled and fired it up. I was excited to see it working as good as the day I got it. A couple weeks later it happened again. Tore it apart and found another transducer broke loose. Here we go again. I re-mounted it, re-assembled and fired it up to find it still the same. Tore it apart again to find a blown fuse on one of the drivers. Found 1 shorted T03 transistor and 1 open resistor. I rebuilt both of the drivers and the cleaner worked as good as new again, for a couple more weeks. I noticed one of the transducers wasn't working so I figured another one broke loose, but when I opened it up, I found the cap screw on one transducer snapped in half and the ceramic discs laying in the bottom. Any idea what is going on? Have these transducers just reached the life expectancy? Is there such a thing? I measure the output of the drivers at 36 kHz, which seems unusual. Would 40kHz transducers work? This is a rather obscure unit and I have never been able to locate a schematic or parts list anywhere. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

TenderTendon

Dec 20, 2014
Well, I re-assembled the transducer with a new cap screw and it's working like new again. I can't wait to see what happens next....