Maker Pro
Maker Pro

On/off switch for a quadcopter?

Edward Glenn

Mar 19, 2016
I got a nice quadcopter for Christmas. I have to pull/insert the battery to power it on and off. Where would I need to cut to wire in a tiny on/off switch? I am fairly stupid, electronically, but I can solder in a switch, if I know where to put it....
The battery is a 4 wire connection, two lipo 3.5v back to back batteries stuck together.

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
where battery connects internally cut 1 wire on the quad copter side (not on the battery pack but the line that goes in) and install a spst switch.
the switch you use in the spst category is up to you.
which wire connects to which terminal is up to you
I would recommend 2 things however
SOLDER the sucker on. it would help a lot. if the wire comes loose when flying it will turn into a dead weight and plummet to the ground.
2put the switch somewhere that won't affect the balance OR use a tiny little switch so it is not going to affect it too much

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
My latest Syma quadcopter has a removable battery and its on-off switch is so small it is hard to see. The switch looks like it is part of the battery connector that is on the quadcopter, not on the battery.

Last edited:

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
The reason i RECOMMEND not putting the switch on the battery is so you dont have it off during charge AND if the battery pack fails or you use a second one you dont have to do this again to each pack