Maker Pro
Maker Pro

OOPS! I MEAN BIG OOPS, MAYBE. ROOKIE MISTAKE

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
The impedance coupled by wires is very high so to get 5 mA m-2 which means per meter squared, you would need 10kV of audio if the coupling reactance was 2 kOhm

More likely bacteria (Septic arthritis, likely caused by an organism of the Enterobacteriaceae family)
or posture or age related.
Frequent stretch is critical to keeping plasma and blood circulation from causing inflamation.
I referred earlier to a negative superscript used with the conventional symbol for meter. In the article the value was written as
10mA mˉ². My guess is that the exponent minus 2 would be handled the same as it would in the expression 10ˉ² which equals 0.1. My logic says 2m² equals 2 square meters. The value of m° equals 0. The value of m¹ equals 1 meter. The value of m² is one square meter. The value of m³ is one cubic meter. Inversely mˉ¹ equals a square decimeter. The value of mˉ² equals a square centimeter, and so on. I might be mistaken or mˉ² might be slang. The exponents could go on infinitely in the negative direction but I'm am not visualizing a value for m exponent 4. Apparently unicode doesn't either and exponents cease above 3. Let me know if you are certain on this matter. Thanks. Regardless of area represented I do not plan to use it to support my notion of RF burns.

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
Nope
x-a = 1 / xa
Therefore (1 m)-2 = 1 / (1 m)2
Having a little difficulty getting my head around the math. That glass orb my have slipped out of my marble sack.My thot is, exponents in base 10 change the magnitude of its integer by a factor of 10. This function is performed on a single dimensional figure. If an additional dimension is added, I am not certain that the common formula of 1/x is adequate to derive a correct result. Or my math may be off.. 1m² = 100dm²...... ( 0.1 x 100dm² ) = 10dm² = 1mˉ¹....... ( 0.01 x 100dm² ) = 1dm² = 100cm² = 1mˉ³. Using a straight inverse operation is giving me a result of 1dm²...... 1dm² is a magnitude -3 as related to m². How does this read to you?

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
( 0.01 x 100dm² ) = 1dm² = 100cm² = 1mˉ³
This makes no sense at all.
Up to "= 100cm²" it's all fine, but how do you get from there to "= 1mˉ³"?
Note my explicit use of parentheses to make absolutely clear where the exponent belongs. With a base o 1 there is not much difference, but with bases other than 1 there is a huge difference:
3 m-2 = 3/m2 which means three per square meter
which is much different from
(3 m)-2 which means 1/(3 m)2 = 1/(9 m2)

Being meticulous about setting your parentheses is a must in this situation.

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
As I recall, operations inside parentheses, within a formula, are the first to be performed. Correct?

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
Note my explicit use of parentheses to make absolutely clear where the exponent belongs. With a base o 1 there is not much difference, but with bases other than 1 there is a huge difference:

I believe I am getting confused by an exponent being used to signify the word square. 4 square meters is not the same as 4 meters squared. The statement I want to clarify reads; 10mA mˉ². So is exponent negative 2, a dash and a 2 used to signify a "square meter", or is it an actual math function taking the area of a square meter to a negative power. As it works with a value of 1, 1mˉ² = 1 square meter. 1/1 = 1. Let's change the initial area to 4 square meters. (4m)ˉ² = (,0625m)². If the initial area is expressed in square decimeters 4 square meters = 400 square decimeters. (400dm)ˉ² = 1/160,000 = (.00000625dm) ². Things are out of whack now. This isn't currently a critical problem for me but I do find it curious what the expression regarding EM exposure, is actual saying. I appreciate your replies regarding my quandary.

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
In regards to rules of exponents, it seems when using an exponent with terms of area, a 2 dimension concept, as opposed to a line, a 1 dimensional concept, there must be a dangling exponent of positive 2 that has to find a place in the formula.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
4 square meters is not the same as 4 meters squared.
4 square meters is 2 meters squared.
10mA mˉ²
That I read as 10 mA per square meter.
So is exponent negative 2, a dash and a 2 used to signify a "square meter", or is it an actual math function taking the area of a square meter to a negative power.
The exponent 2is equivalent to the expression "square": 2 m2 = 2 square meters (not "2 meters" squared which would be 4 m2!)
A negative sign of the exponent indicates 1/. For any exponent. Thus for example: 2-3 = 1/(23). I guess this is what you mean by the "actual math function.
1mˉ² = 1 square meter
No. following my previous explanations that is 1 / m2 or in words 1 per square meter.
Let's change the initial area to 4 square meters. (4m)ˉ² = (,0625m)²
Sorry, wrong again. On two points:
  1. (4m)-2 = 1 / (4m)2 = 1/(16 m2).
  2. (4m)ˉ² = (,0625m)² -> the left side is in m-2, the right side is in m2. Thus both sides cannot be equal. What I think you may want to express is (4m)ˉ² = 1/(16 m2) = (1/16) m-2 = 0.0625 m-2
In regards to rules of exponents, it seems when using an exponent with terms of area, a 2 dimension concept, as opposed to a line, a 1 dimensional concept, there must be a dangling exponent of positive 2 that has to find a place in the formula.
Sorry again, but this makes no sense to me. Exponents are not only about areas (exponent = 2) but can come in any form, from integer to real numbers and even complex numbers (those with the little "i"). I recommend you look up the basic mathematical rules of exponential calculus. That is a field way too big to explain here.

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
4 square meters is 2 meters squared.

That I read as 10 mA per square meter.

The exponent 2is equivalent to the expression "square": 2 m2 = 2 square meters (not "2 meters" squared which would be 4 m2!)
A negative sign of the exponent indicates 1/. For any exponent. Thus for example: 2-3 = 1/(23). I guess this is what you mean by the "actual math function.

No. following my previous explanations that is 1 / m2 or in words 1 per square meter.

Sorry, wrong again. On two points:
  1. (4m)-2 = 1 / (4m)2 = 1/(16 m2).
  2. (4m)ˉ² = (,0625m)² -> the left side is in m-2, the right side is in m2. Thus both sides cannot be equal. What I think you may want to express is (4m)ˉ² = 1/(16 m2) = (1/16) m-2 = 0.0625 m-2

Sorry again, but this makes no sense to me. Exponents are not only about areas (exponent = 2) but can come in any form, from integer to real numbers and even complex numbers (those with the little "i"). I recommend you look up the basic mathematical rules of exponential calculus. That is a field way too big to explain here.
Oh I agree, I need to review some rules and find the crossed wires or missing component that is befuddling my handling of equations. The notion I just came across is most likely missing a most fundamental rule but without pencil on paper I'm don't think I can retrieve the reasoning or the convention of formula manipulation. I am not keeping a distinct line between the function of exponents i.e, 2³ = 8 or 2³ = 2000 ?? and square roots, √, cube roots, squares and cubes. Surely you can see my major offshoot of miscalculation. I have a blind spot or a corrupted memory cell that is derailing my use of rather basic functions.Happens, so back to study hall. Thanks tho. I enjoy math but am not accomplished to the point where I would be comfortable coding. It is rewarding to write little routines that make a micro controller do the things you want it to but when it comes to data transfers with proper protocol, and dealing with the astronomical amounts of today's use, it leaves me in the dust. Those guys are "mathaletes." Back in the stone age I was involved with concrete work and it was advantageous to be able to convert dimensions of a planned concrete structure to cubic yards, in your head. A simplification of figuring the square of some value was to increase or decrease the value to an easier number to multiply. Two digit values were a breeze. i.e. The square of 18 was calculated by taking 16 x 20 (320) plus 4. 4 being the square of the value moved from the value to be squared. 63 squared = 60 x 66 + 9 = 3969. 15 squared = 10 x 20 + 25 = 225. The things a person can learn if they're not careful.