Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Operating mirror folding motors

john2k

Jun 13, 2012
I have the following circuit diagram from my car which basically operates the mirror folding motors when I press a switch. If switch is pressed in, the mirror stays folded and if the switch is released then the motor unfolds.

K7DZ4sL.png

I'm trying to operate the mirrors directly without the switch. Can anyone kindly tell crossing which wires will do what?

Thank you.

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
Your question is not at all clear. What do you mean by "operate directly"?

Connecting green to orange and red to gray makes the motor turn in one direction.

Connecting green to gray and red to orange makes the motor turn in the other direction.

ak

john2k

Jun 13, 2012
Your question is not at all clear. What do you mean by "operate directly"?

Connecting green to orange and red to gray makes the motor turn in one direction.

Connecting green to gray and red to orange makes the motor turn in the other direction.

ak

That was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you :)

john2k

Jun 13, 2012
The mirror folds when power to the motor is in a certain direction using that switch and unfolds if it's the opposite way. Does anyone know how these motors work? Like if I provide power to it and it has unfolded using that power and the power remains in the unfolding position then the motor no longer is operating but still receiving power. Is that normal? Do these motors only draw power to operate to the degrees of rotation i needs and then stop regardless of power still coming to it?

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir john2k . . . .

This problem was posted in two different areas and I answered on the other one and was expecteeing a more complex circuit and responded accordingly.
If this is stock equipment on this vehicle give its make year and model so that a system wiring diagram may be consulted.
If an aftermarket add on, it needs to be identified as such.

NOW on your mirror activator procedure . . . .

The drive motor mechanically moves the mirror to either open or closed position and at EITHER extreme, that extreme limits mechanical movement runs into a limit switch which disrupts power to the motor and all power is then open circuit.
That then has the mirrror then being fully extended or folded in, accordingly.
If you press/ blip the mirror activation switch it temporarily shorts across the limit switch, and overides it so that temporary power can keep the motor runing just until the reversing switch flips and then the motor will run completely on its own until the cycle is completed and another extrenme limit switch is tripped and the same power cut off action occurs with the other limit switch .
Then a temporary mirror activation switch blip would start the complementary mirror cycle.
The simplified wiring diagrams typicalty will not be showing these switches and their wiring since they are being built within the electro mechanics and case of the mirror driver mechanism.

73's de Edd . . . . .

The chemical formula for water is HIJLKMNO . . . . . . . . . Well ? . . . isnt that being H2O ?