Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Orange and Black Wire?

Judaeus Apella

Aug 17, 2012
I'm fixing an old Conair cordless razor, battery finally died. Bought the battery and I'm ready to solder it in, but one problem. I don't know which wire is which. I'm faced with a black and an orange wire. Black is top, orange is bottom. I'm guessing that the black is positive and orange is negative? If I'm wrong though, I'm afraid I'll kill the battery if I charge it backwards. I'm not sure how a multimeter would be helpful here since there's no current, and I can't put it in the charger with the battery cover taken off and I can't use a multimeter with it in the charger. lol I only know a tiny bit about electronics, I'm a beginner at this... I've only used a multimeter once or twice, so I'm not even sure if I'd be using it correctly if I tried using it, but I'm willing to learn! Hoping someone can help me here?

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Pictures of the unit and the charger would help guide you...

PS next time pay attention before removing the existing part...

Judaeus Apella

Aug 17, 2012
Yeah I knew someone was going to lecture me about that. I was really out of it, some kind of stomach bug. Felt horrid but it needed to get done. After I took it out and had it in my hand... I looked at it and said, "Oh crap..."

Before I post any pictures, does the fact that they used white heat shrink on the orange wire mean that it counts as a white wire? Or does it have no significance?

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Wire color and any wire markings is irrelevant in most all cases unless you know for sure they followed a standard...

If you provide some nice pictures it should be easy enough to figure out with your multimeter, I just need some insight on what to tell you to look or test for...

Judaeus Apella

Aug 17, 2012
Damn... turns out the motor is fried. Never mind. I told the owner to buy a Panasonic ER224 Wet/Dry. That's the best bargain clipper I've ever owned. I recycled the parts. Sorry I wasted your time. :(