Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Ordering PCB's help for my first design and order...

PainfullyGrounded

Nov 20, 2014
Am working on a circuit which requires a professional finish. I have etched my own before, but would like
to order some nice proper PCBs.

Im using eagle light for a single layer board. Any suggestions on where to order with a tight budget in mind? I would
appreciate any suggestions.

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Yeah, that looks like a good site! Thank Harald for finding it though.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Since you mentioned it, most PCB houses will not charge any difference for single sided vs double sided boards, so you might as well go double sided. If you are not familiar with it, all the holes are automatically plated through so that top and bottom connect to each other. Layout is much simpler with 2 sides to work on.

Bob

PainfullyGrounded

Nov 20, 2014
Since you mentioned it, most PCB houses will not charge any difference for single sided vs double sided boards, so you might as well go double sided. If you are not familiar with it, all the holes are automatically plated through so that top and bottom connect to each other. Layout is much simpler with 2 sides to work on.

Bob

Well the circuit is a 3amp switching constant current LED driver, so I want a bit of size to help dissipate heat. Im thinking if anything I will be putting the inductor, IC and shottky on one side and the remaining components on the other. Not sure yet though. These will be delivering just under 3A to the load so I dont want to be hitting any heat issues. Now if I can figure out this software lol.

On a side note, what with the ridiculous prices on the shipping from all the PCB manufacturers? They all seem to be quoting very high prices. Are there any members here that contract small PCB jobs??

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Single sided does not necessarily mean components on both sides. It means traces on both sides.

Edit: On that calculator the first total is the price the second is the price + shipping, so it is not as bad as it looks.

Bob

Last edited:

PainfullyGrounded

Nov 20, 2014
Single sided does not necessarily mean components on both sides. It means traces on both sides.

Edit: On that calculator the first total is the price the second is the price + shipping, so it is not as bad as it looks.

Bob

Im so used to small companies trying to put a heavy shipping price to make up for lower sale prices.