Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Oscilloscope Reticle Alumination Miniature Lamp Availability

Electromotive

Feb 14, 2018
Gentlemen:
I have a Phillips PM3335 Scope that has a blown miniature reticle illumination lamp. The number of the existing lamp is M6628V 80Ma. There are lamps on e-bay that look the same, are 28volts but are rated at .04 Amps. I see others from various sources that have ratings of 1 Amp. I have exhausted Allied, Digikey and others. Looks like the introduction of LED's has caused these aircraft style lamps to be obsolete.

I believe the current rating is related to how bright the lamp will end up illuminating.

The only other thing I was thinking of doing would be to come up with an LED circuit that I could adjust the illumination level to. This would be somewhat of a project but don't want to end up buying an alternate bulb that would end-up being either too bright or not bright enough.

Anyone here know of a better lamp source or have information on what I can expect out of the bulbs I've found so far?
Thank you... Tom

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hi, are you sure the existing lamp is of the correct type for the graticule?.
I have the Fluke PM 3092 200MHz 4 channel.

Anyway, I found this while researching mine. 'quote'...

The PM3335 CRT scale illumination used a 24 Volt midget flange base CM8176 lamp. The new lamp was not nearly bright enough for my liking, so I retrofitted a Luxeon 2700K 5630 LED mounted on a brass "bullet" heatsink pressed into a CM midget flange base, which fits the original socket. The LED is sourced by a new variable constant current supply that is controlled by a zero to +10 Volt signal from the original front panel scale illumination control.

May be this helps you or not...

Martin