Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wanted: Oscilloscope wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

snake0

Mar 30, 2014
Hi there,

I am currently learning Electronics and wish to find a decent general-use oscilloscope for under $100 if possible, including delivery to Europe. At present I am practicing with radio applications so I need at least that level of accuracy (up to HF/VHF). In the future I expect to tackle a wide variety of fields though so I would like something that can be used over a wide variety of projects. USB is acceptable if it has the same accuracy.
Also, even if you don't have one for sale if you could advise me on a device that would fit my requirements I would be grateful.
Looking at past posts, someone recommended the Picoscope 2204A, does anyone have experience with this or something similar?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The 20MHz Hitachi is pretty low spec, but as long as it's working it might suit you.

The digital PC scope is less useful. the 8MS/s means that it takes 48 million samples per second. This might sound good until you realise that at 20MHs there are only a little above 2 points which make up each cycle. This is close to a theoretical limit which way exceeds any practical usefulness. I have a similar device that has 1MS/s and only claims up to 100kHz (even then it's pretty rubbish). That 48MS/s would would translate to 4.8MHz and at that frequency you could be prety sure of the frequency, but you might not be able to accurately determine the shape of the waveform.

Status
Not open for further replies.