Maker Pro
Maker Pro

OT: Cartoon

W

Watson A.Name - \Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\

Jan 1, 1970
0
Terry Given said:
R. Steve Walz wrote:
[snip]

Having read your posts on this thread, I am inclined to agree with your
own character assessment - you are dangerously unstable.

Welcome to the club.
 
W

Watson A.Name - \Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\

Jan 1, 1970
0
[snip]
As an adult I think it has
made me a bit paranoid, in that I am constantly aware of who and what is
around me at all times, always looking for the attack (thats come in
handy a couple of times :). Mind you I approach driving the same way (Im
a motorcyclist) and thats been REALLY helpful.

I agree. A guy I knew said two things to me that I'll never forget,
both after getting off his motorcycle after a difficult ride thru
crowded rush-hour traffic. He said, "What we need is a good
old-fashioned plague!"

And the other was that he was worried about ending up as an organ donor
because of idiot drivers.
 
C

Clarence

Jan 1, 1970
0
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun said:
Terry Given said:
R. Steve Walz wrote:
[snip]

Having read your posts on this thread, I am inclined to agree with your
own character assessment - you are dangerously unstable.

Welcome to the club.

I didn't reply because it got too personal.
There was the arrogance of my stepfather
facing me with the same line, "I have the right"

Better to avoid such people than Kill them!
Obviously I left home and Joined the Army,
where they taught me to kill with my bare hands.
That sure taught me to control my temper!
 
R

Rich The Philosophizer

Jan 1, 1970
0
Rich The Philosophizer wrote:
The oil is away from population centers, no problem.

And I must admit, it's not inconceivable that the people waging
the "war" are trying to minimize collateral damage.

Are they evil, or just participating in somebody's karma?

;^j
Rich
 
R

Rich The Philosophizer

Jan 1, 1970
0
What's your point? We're talking about nuking Islam out of existence
here. If you want we can drop leaflets and ask
who wants to live in the American southwest and become
"Injuns"?

What I wonder is, what's wrong with just leaving the Ay-rabs
to their own devices, and buy the oil from whatever sultan
happens to be in power, and if his subjects want him overthrown,
let them do it?

Or are they paranoid that if they let the Ay-rabs live, that they'll
cut off the oil?

Thanks,
Rich
 
R

Rich The Philosophizer

Jan 1, 1970
0
So where do you toss your leftovers? Everything down the disposal,
just to make sure they starve to death to protect you from any
reminders that not everybody is born with a silver spoon in
their mouth?
and diving is trespass/theft, and begging is
illegal because it is harrasment/intimidation/theft and because
it is seeking to live without working, which is a crime.

OK, your true stripes come out.

You believe that people should be forced to conform to the
fantasies of R. Steve Walz.

That's nazi.

Good Luck!
Rich
 
R

Rich The Philosophizer

Jan 1, 1970
0
I think you simply grossed him out. Some courses of action should
simply be prohibited on penalty of death,

So nobody has the right to do anything, but you have the right
to kill whoever you want to.

That's real sane.

Good Luck!
Rich
 
R

Rich The Philosophizer

Jan 1, 1970
0
The resident psychologit basically equipped the parents with some balls,
^^^

No Freudian slips here, nope. Nosiree, nuh-uh!

;^j
 
R

Rich The Philosophizer

Jan 1, 1970
0
R. Steve Walz wrote:

So the only reason you are not a homicidal axe-wielding maniac is
because your father never once smacked you, but a single spank would
drive you over the edge.

Having read your posts on this thread, I am inclined to agree with your
own character assessment - you are dangerously unstable.

So is the F-16, if the attitude control computer breaks. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich
 
R

Rich The Philosophizer

Jan 1, 1970
0
No, it's your child's. That teacher should have been beaten to death
by the children. And if you did the same you should have been killed
as well.

Well, you sure do prescribe a lot of death for someone who espouses
non-violence.

If two kids on the high-school playgroung get into a fistfight and
one of them turned 18 yesterday, do you have him executed?

Thanks,
Rich
 
R

Rich The Philosophizer

Jan 1, 1970
0
I hope you're being sarcastic about the smoking comment.

Nope. I'm dead serious.

I coded documents in two, count'em, two, tobacco litigations. I have
seen the documents that refute the so-called "scientific studies" that
"proved" that smoking "causes" cancer. And I have seen the documents
that _show_ that the antis' reports are bogus. But they got buried,
because the antis had an agenda to push. These documtents used to be on
the internet, but they've apparently taken those pages down. They were
on the tobacco companies' websites, so they were probably forced to
take them down.

And that's still notwithstanding that smoking does not cause cancer.

One of the studied that got buried, which was published in the Lancet
or maybe the British Medical Journal, showed a correlation between
personality type and cancer that was so strong, that in the same
data set, the distribution of smokers/nonsmokers was below the noise
level. And it wasn't the only study that showed that correlation.

And the personality type that gives itself cancer is characterized
by rigidity of thinking and lack of emotional outlet, which is perfectly
logical, when you really look at the big picture.
Yes, it's a correlation with no causality indicated in the data
presented in the news report. Either the workers only found correlation
and just assumed a causal link, or there was more research than is being
reported.

Whenever you're dealing with humans it makes the double blind
experiments hard to get by the ethics panels.

Tell me about it!

Cheers!
Rich
 
T

Tom MacIntyre

Jan 1, 1970
0
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun said:
Terry Given said:
R. Steve Walz wrote:
[snip]

Having read your posts on this thread, I am inclined to agree with your
own character assessment - you are dangerously unstable.

Welcome to the club.

I didn't reply because it got too personal.
There was the arrogance of my stepfather
facing me with the same line, "I have the right"

Explain, please, why you ignored and snipped the most relevant parts
of what I posted, and focussed on your own personal sore point.
Better to avoid such people than Kill them!
Obviously I left home and Joined the Army,
where they taught me to kill with my bare hands.
That sure taught me to control my temper!

Wow...I'm impressed. My brother is in the military, but has never made
such claims.

Tom
 
T

Tom MacIntyre

Jan 1, 1970
0
What's this guy supposed to do? Lacking a time machine, of course:
http://www.punchbaby.com/media/gitfakt/clips/ads/condoms.mpg

Cheers!
Rich

That's the whole point...what he was supposed to do has already not
been done a long time ago, or has been subverted.

Raising children is a complicated thing, and is sadly trivialized by
many. Interfering relatives, friends, and even strangers can create
havoc in the parenting experience, because the child just wants
someone, anyone, to agree with them. In the end, if you fail as a
parent due to the actions of others, you get the blame, because...it's
YOUR child, after all.

Tom
 
C

Clarence

Jan 1, 1970
0
Tom MacIntyre said:
message news:[email protected]...
R. Steve Walz wrote:

[snip]
Having read your posts on this thread, I am inclined to agree with
your
own character assessment - you are dangerously unstable.

Welcome to the club.

I didn't reply because it got too personal.
There was the arrogance of my stepfather
facing me with the same line, "I have the right"

Explain, please, why you ignored and snipped the most relevant parts
of what I posted, and focussed on your own personal sore point.

Because it wasn't relevant to me.
 
T

Terry Given

Jan 1, 1970
0
Rich said:
^^^

No Freudian slips here, nope. Nosiree, nuh-uh!

;^j

Ya must have missed the bit erarlier:

"After the article, a plague of social workers, psychologits (typo
intentional) etc."

so no, no freudian slips at all. I once got caned for seeing a
psychologit at school. Its a pretty funny story really. It was one of
those stupid essay contest things, write an essay starting with "the
last laugh" - 5th form IIRC. So I did, and made it 3,000 words of blood
and gore - revenge extraordinaire. I came 3rd or 4th in the essay
contest (well written, just bloodthirsty) but the school was disturbed.
They got my parents in and explained their concerns, and my folks just
laughed at them, saying something along the lines of "this is the
reaction he was aiming for" - which of course it was (hey, I met all of
their criteria). So the school duly made me see a psychologit, who
proceeded to give me a Rorschach test. My response to every "what do you
see here" question was "A Rorschach blot". after about 5 minutes of this
the psychologit flipped his lid, ranted and raved at the top of his
voice for a while, and stormed off to get help. Whereupon the deputy
principle (you know him, he was my 6th form english teacher) caned me -
for truthfully answering a question :)

Cheers
Terry
 
T

Terry Given

Jan 1, 1970
0
Rich said:
So is the F-16, if the attitude control computer breaks. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Only for increased bandwidth. But I betcha a single slap wont make it
flip out :)

Cheers
Terry
 
R

Rich The Philosophizer

Jan 1, 1970
0
That's the whole point...what he was supposed to do has already not
been done a long time ago, or has been subverted.

Raising children is a complicated thing, and is sadly trivialized by
many. Interfering relatives, friends, and even strangers can create
havoc in the parenting experience, because the child just wants
someone, anyone, to agree with them. In the end, if you fail as a
parent due to the actions of others, you get the blame, because...it's
YOUR child, after all.

I think there might even be kids who would be happy to have someone,
anyone, even acknowledge that they _exist._

Thanks,
Rich
 
T

Terry Given

Jan 1, 1970
0
Clarence said:
R. Steve Walz wrote:
[snip]


Having read your posts on this thread, I am inclined to agree with
your

own character assessment - you are dangerously unstable.

Welcome to the club.


I didn't reply because it got too personal.
There was the arrogance of my stepfather
facing me with the same line, "I have the right"

Understandable. RSW seems to fly right off the handle at the slightest
provocation. Didja see his assertion that one slap from his father would
have turned him into a homicidal maniac? ROTFLMAO!
Better to avoid such people than Kill them!
Obviously I left home and Joined the Army,
where they taught me to kill with my bare hands.
That sure taught me to control my temper!

I learned a few nasty tricks from a decade or two of martial arts. So
far it has been incredibly useful, in that I am quietly confident
(learning to keep my mouth shut when someone pisses me off has been a
factor too). Nobody has ever picked on me in a social setting (6'2" 90kg
helps), and I have only been "mugged" twice - once in Westwood MA, on
christmas eve, when the pair of muggers (armed with 2x4's) just left
after I asked them nicely (I was smiling, quite a bit bigger than either
of them, and obviously more than willing to take them both on. I think
it showed), and once in Palmerston North when a guy demanded my wallet
as I walked down an alley. A single blow to the chin took care of him
(he was leaning against a concrete block wall), without breaking stride.
His 3-4 mates decided against having a go :) (I think the kiai helped a
great deal).

one of my favourite phrases is "walk softly and carry a big stick"

Cheers
Terry
 
R

Rich The Philosophizer

Jan 1, 1970
0
Ya must have missed the bit erarlier:

"After the article, a plague of social workers, psychologits (typo
intentional) etc."

so no, no freudian slips at all. I once got caned for seeing a
psychologit at school. Its a pretty funny story really. It was one of
those stupid essay contest things, write an essay starting with "the
last laugh" - 5th form IIRC. So I did, and made it 3,000 words of blood
and gore - revenge extraordinaire. I came 3rd or 4th in the essay
contest (well written, just bloodthirsty) but the school was disturbed.
They got my parents in and explained their concerns, and my folks just
laughed at them, saying something along the lines of "this is the
reaction he was aiming for" - which of course it was (hey, I met all of
their criteria). So the school duly made me see a psychologit, who
proceeded to give me a Rorschach test. My response to every "what do you
see here" question was "A Rorschach blot".

"It looks like the time Daddy was playing doggy with Mummy."
after about 5 minutes of this
the psychologit flipped his lid, ranted and raved at the top of his
voice for a while, and stormed off to get help. Whereupon the deputy
principle (you know him, he was my 6th form english teacher) caned me -
for truthfully answering a question :)

Cheers
Terry

;^j
Rich
 
Top