Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Panasonic Dect phone low emf option

R791945

Jun 19, 2015
Has anyone bought the current Panasonic Dect phone that offers a very low emf signal whilst on standby. It is what they call ECHO mode. I asked Panasonic if the phone or base station gives off any emf if the dect phone is out of range. I was inquiring about its handshaking when the phone is not in range. Does it go mad sending out handshaking signals or does the base station wait patiently for the handset to contact it. They refused to give any information. I suggested that they measure the signal with an emf meter. They refused. Could someone please let me know what signal you see when the handset is out of range as well as when it is turned off only at the phone. Also what happens when there is more than one dect phone registered to a single base station and one only is out of range/ off.

majoco

Nov 10, 2019
I have a pair of these phones - KX-TG2722 - and it says on the box "One touch ECO mode - transmission power is reduced up to 90%".
The phones are still in the box - I got them free when I went to a 4G network for my Internet and phone connection. It says in the instruction leaflet ( you can hardly call it a manual! ) "Your unit can reduce the base transmission power by up to 90% in standby mode".
My guess is that the peak power remains the same but the interval between interrogations is made much longer - by a factor of 10 perhaps - so the effective average power is reduced dramatically but the useable range to the handset remains the same - you would want to reduce the peak power as there would be a subsequent loss of range to the remote handset.
I scanned the DECT 6 band from 1.9 to 2.0 GHz and apart from a couple of lone carriers which didn't change when I picked up my Uniden DECT 6 phone there was nothing - perhaps they use spread spectrum or frequency hopping?

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
On the dect phones in the UK there is no option. They either work or don’t. In my experience.

Martin

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Oops, never answered the op’s question. Not sure I can..
Anybody asking about EMF is ‘ghost hunting’. We have special places for that.
However, you must be talking about a transformer? Or a train set?

majoco

Nov 10, 2019
Reading the instructions for my Panasonic KX-TG2722 phone (which after all is the phone we are talking about) it says "You can turn on/off one touch eco mode by pressing [R/ECO]. The default setting is "Normal" ". But it also says "you can reduce the base unit transmission power by up to 90% in the standby mode" . I still think it's probably "average power" that is reduced by changing the PRP. That's "Pulse Recurrence Period" for those that didn't do their radar course.

majoco

Nov 10, 2019
The OP has disappeared - another time waster.