Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Panasonic Home Theater Red Light is On but does not Power On

paobont

Aug 11, 2019
Hi. I came upon my old Panasonic Home Theater System SC-PT565 when cleaning and tried to open it if it still works. Plugged it in the Power Supply and the Red Light beside the power button comes on, but when i press the Power Button itself, nothing happens.

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Welcome to EP!
Did you have the TV switched on when you tested the system?
According to P30 of the manual your system has a VIERA Link arrangement which puts the system into standby mode when the TV turns off. Could that have kicked in?

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I'm thinking along the lines of Alec_t.
Are you using a remote, and if so, does the battery need to be replaced?
(The remote itself may have a problem)
Are there manually-operated front panel controls that you haven't tried yet?
My experience, when I get nothing, is there's something wrong with the way I'm trying to access power-up, and
not necessarily that the home theater system is defective.
Hope you get it going.

paobont

Aug 11, 2019
Sorry for the late response.
@Alec_t - this system has been unused for i think 2years now, and i dont have any idea where the TV is now, i may have given it to someone or somebody might have taken it without my knowledge, anyway, connecting it the TV is not an option now.
@shrtrnd - funny thing is, i have 3 different Panasonic Remotes here, 1 is for DVD and the other 2 is for Home Theater, i tried all of them even replaced new batteries but still nothing happens. Maybe the remote for this system is long gone, is it possible to just purchase a new remote?

There seems to be no problem with the power supply as i tried different equipment to the same outlet and they work just fine. Also replaced the power cord because maybe the lines are broken but i think the red light would not turn on if it is.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Google the make and model of your system asking about the remote control.
There are probably places that sell the original replacement, or a 'universal' remote that will operate your system.