Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Panasonic home theater SA-PT770 clicks once wont come on

Pignapoke67

Mar 11, 2017
Tge system clicks once when i press power. Nothing else happens. Second press of power button wont get a click just nothing. Only when i unplug then plug in can i get an audible click from the machine. Otherwise unresponsive. Hate to replace it. I have a multimeter but have only used it to work on clothes dryers. Where should i start. Not afraid to dig in and learn something here. Cant make it worse...so... Appreciate any patient advice!

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Pignapoke67. . . . . . . .

We jes don't knows . . . . . .do you have the technoexpertise to pull the dust covers of the unit to get visuall
access to boards.

Then you use this supplied "roadmap" snippet of the AC power input to a portion of the units power supply.
Initially check the right bottom corners fuse in YELLOW which should be good, if the relay still clicks . . . .as in the past.

Precautionary & exploratory:
Visually check the next YELLOW box up and the one above it to see if it / they might have been damaged by
a lightning hit to the AC line.
Then do a like visual on the YELLOW box IC also . . . . . . . as it runs 48 hrs a day, as long as the unit is
plugged into the AC power.

If all seems visually OK . . . . . Use DVM metering in DC mode expecting a voltage in the order of 6 VDC on the
YELLOW markup C5899 electrolytic capacitor . . . after turming the unit on . . . . and see if it HOLDS . . .then turn off..

How ya' doin ?

RELEVANT PUNYSONIC TECHNO REFERENCE . . . . .

Panasomic_HT_Standby_Power_supply.png

https://s22.postimg.org/cuu40kn4f/Panasomic_HT_Standby_Power_supply.png

73's de Edd

Arif A

Feb 14, 2022
I finally figured this out after searching everywhere online and seeing people in similar situations but no solutions. I was getting 2 audible relay clicks but no power to the surround sound unit. After some experimenting this is what worked for me:

Remove all wires to the unit including the ac power cord, plug in all the cables you need THEN the power cable after. In my case I had a Panasonic sa-pt770, I plugged in the speakers to the respective colors, then my HDMI, then the power cable.