Maker Pro
Maker Pro

panasonic home theater system won't turn on

steve2419

Jun 28, 2015
Nobody mentioned not helping you. This is probably the best forum on the web!!
Have you verified that the mains cable is not damaged. Continuity.
Have you checked the internal fuse. Continuity.
If all is ok so far, plug in the unit and check for supply voltage coming in. Is that correct?
Check the cables going to the power swith. And the switch itself.
You have to start somewhere and continue along the line. Have a read about transformers, thermistors, switching regulators
and how to test them.
Also diodes and bridge rectifier checking. These can be checked with continuity.

Your unit is quite complex, but I think the fault will be on power supply.
Martin
Thank you again, I WILL fix it, this is how I learn.

steve2419

Jun 28, 2015
Well?
What have you checked so far?
Does it have power?
Martin
The main cable is not damaged and continuity is good. Fuse is good. Power switch is under a bunch. I went out and got "electronics for dummies".perfect for me, thanks for the suggestion. I am reading about capacitors and transformers. I still think there would be a better way than checking every capacitor in the circuit.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
I still think there would be a better way than checking every capacitor in the circuit.
You are absolutley correct.
Buy more and replace them!!
Sorry to say this but, I had to show you how to test for continuity!
There is no other way of testing capacitors than replacing them or having (and knowing) how to use the testers!!
Sorry again! You cannot even use your multimeter!!

I tried to give an explained route for troubleshooting, but you seem to want a quick fix.
There is no such thing!!

Read your books and enjoy the information.

If anybody else tries to help you, they will ask similar questions..!!
Good luck in your quest and don't forget to pass by again if you have any questions.

I forgot to mention that mains powered items are not generally a good way to learn.

Martin

Last edited:

mirceaard

Sep 2, 2016
Hello, I have a panasonic SA-PT850. So, When I connect it to power supply the red LED on the front panel is lit but when I press the power button nothing happend, still in standby. Pls give me a hint, what should I check first time. Thank you in Andvance.

SriGopi

Oct 30, 2018
Interestingly I also had the same problem with my Panasonic home theatre system and was checking this very site for solutions. I chanced to look into another user query on the same lines and the solution given by the expert set me thinking that when the standby power is on, it may not necessarily mean that the unit has full power supply. I checked the power socket and plugs; no issues. I adjusted the power cord behind the woofer and bingo, I could turn on the power in the home theatre unit and is working very well now. Good luck and best wishes.

Krollski

Nov 16, 2018
I have a SC-XH50 panasonic theater system which sounds great and fits perfectly in my motorhome. It does not always turn on. I understand they are susceptible to humidity. I used to heat it up with a hair dryer and that works but not convenient. Recently I have learned if I push the on off button multiple times it will also work without additional heat. Does anyone have a more convenient fix.
Thank You,
Kurt

SriGopi

Oct 30, 2018
If the standby LED light is on but the set won’t turn on, then it may be question of power cord not correctly engaged in the socket. Try to take out and re-insert the multi-pin socket behind both the recorder and the main woofer. That solved the problem for me.

ValeskaN

Jan 23, 2019
I have the same problem and the fuse seems to be good so far. I don't have the multimeter

ValeskaN

Jan 23, 2019
Is there more than one fuse in this model as our power cord fuse appears to be intact and yet still not power.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Is there more than one fuse in this model as our power cord fuse appears to be intact and yet still not power.
You may more than likely find a solid state fuse. I have seen this in Panasonic power supplies before.

Appearance is like a small rectangular capacitor. Board marking will identify it as a fuse.
Like this but of course may be any colour(mostly grey).
http://motorgenic.com/5pcs-tr5-mini...ries-solid-state-square-body-fuse-250v-250ma/

Naturally if you find it and it is blown, then there will be the need to look for what caused it to blow in the first instance.

Arif A

Feb 14, 2022
I finally figured this out after searching everywhere online and seeing people in similar situations but no solutions. I was getting 2 audible relay clicks but no power to the surround sound unit. After some experimenting this is what worked for me:

Remove all wires to the unit including the ac power cord, plug in all the cables you need THEN the power cable after. In my case I had a Panasonic sa-pt770, I plugged in the speakers to the respective colors, then my HDMI, then the power cable.