Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Panasonic NV-HD650A sound

amhifi

Dec 22, 2013
Hi, again, sorry to post another one, but I just remembered that I bought this Panasonic NV-HD650A a few years back, and i have a problem with this particular one, it works fine, but any tape i play through it, it makes this weird sound, its hard to explain but it sort of sounds "electronically synthesized" when it shouldn't be, i go play the exact same tape through a different one, and it plays fine, no problems, so if anyone has any suggestions on what to do, id be gladly appreciated...

kcoer

Dec 20, 2013
amhifi

-Your problem could be in the tape your playing. If not, the nobody can help you.
-Troubleshoot.
-Anything else you could tell us?

______________MERRY CHRISTMAS / HAPPY HANUKAH________________

Last edited by a moderator:

amhifi

Dec 22, 2013
well, this weird sound that it makes, some tapes i play get this sound real bad, but some, you can hardly notice it, it could be the heads though, but i might look into it and see if something is faulty

amhifi

Dec 22, 2013
plus, im checking the main pcb (the only part that actually disconnects is the cassette compartment) and i see some poor quality solder joints, some have too little solder, some have too much and some are dry and or cracked, so ill go over them, and ill have a look at the audio circuit, see what i can do

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
"Weird sound" isn't very specific. Can you capture the sound with a computer and upload it to a file sharing site?

(I don't know if it's worth it. I won't be able to help. It's just a suggestion.)

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Clean the 'heads' of your player first. I'm not sure what type of recorder this is, but
if it's an audio unit, you may want to demagnitize the heads too.
Heads DO wear out, but I'd try the above, before doing anything else.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
OK.
The tape heads are ok if it's just the audio.
Open the chassis up, clean the gunk off the audio heads and all the rollers that
the tape rides on. If that doesn't do the trick, it could be bad audio heads (or the
audio reading circuit itself).
A lot of times the oxide build-up on the rollers causes the tape to 'stick', not riding
smoothly on the audio and video heads. The picture can look ok, but the audio is
garbled.

amhifi

Dec 22, 2013
thanks shrtrnd, i might look into demagnetizing and the audio circuit...

amhifi

Dec 22, 2013
if you guys want to listen to this "sound" it makes, this is a sample of an explosion taken from the movie Terminator 2; Judgement day. you'll notice what i mean about the abnormal sound. (sorry i haven't been on for a while)

Attachments

• panasonic 650.zip
    240.4 KB · Views: 62