Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Panasonic PV-M1323-A 13 VHOLD issue

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
URGENT CAUTION . . . . neither of those . . . FOCUS + SCREEN . . . are even REMOTELY related to the cause of your fault, and their maladjustment can seriously impair picture quality. No touchee - touchee.
As for that shown problem it appears to be a compatibility problem.
That TV combo is new enough in design to be using digitally derived sync . . .therefor there is no typical old school vertical hold control incorporated.
Notice that the pic is in normal vertical lock for most of the time, then for an instant the vert sync is "obliterated " for just an instant and then the unit snaps back into vertical lock, until the next disruption.
This video appears to be from a game so i would NOT fault the TV but a compatibility between the TV and the game .
Play a prerecorded VCR tape and all should be well with the TV, as well as recording some off air TV and then playback with all being well.

MobiusOne

Jun 8, 2022
URGENT CAUTION . . . . neither of those . . . FOCUS + SCREEN . . . are even REMOTELY related to the cause of your fault, and their maladjustment can seriously impair picture quality. No touchee - touchee.
As for that shown problem it appears to be a compatibility problem.
That TV combo is new enough in design to be using digitally derived sync . . .therefor there is no typical old school vertical hold control incorporated.
Notice that the pic is in normal vertical lock for most of the time, then for an instant the vert sync is "obliterated " for just an instant and then the unit snaps back into vertical lock, until the next disruption.
This video appears to be from a game so i would NOT fault the TV but a compatibility between the TV and the game .
Play a prerecorded VCR tape and all should be well with the TV, as well as recording some off air TV and then playback with all being well.
I don't have a VHS tape unfortunately but I tried a few other devices like my NES and old camcorder and they have the same instable picture issue and white line moving up the screen.

Plus if you look at the blank blue screen which is the tuner's input and the black screen which is the AV input they have the same issue too.

Basically nothing plugged into it and it still looks like it's in widescreen mode even though this TV doesn't have it as an option
https://imgur.com/gallery/cFP8fDr