Maker Pro
Maker Pro

panasonic sa-ht70 dvd player sound

billitary

Apr 15, 2013
Hi I like a idiot connected spliced audio composite with the speaker wires. now i have no sound took it apart but no luck finding anything burnt. I am new to circuit boards

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi there
welcome to Electronics Point :)

connected spliced audio composite with the speaker wires

not sure what you mean by that .... does it man that you connected them to speakers that were already and still connected to am amplifier that normally frrds those speakers?
Then turning the amplifier on, have fed hi power from tha amplifier into the DVD player audio output ????

maybe take some pics or draw a diagram of what you did ... else it's a bit difficult to understand what you have done

cheers
Dave

billitary

Apr 15, 2013
gallery.php

This using how it happened but that's what happened but now it won't stay turned off it automaticly turns it self back off

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
OK ... I presume the rows of blue and white terminals are speaker outputs ?

those 2 white RCA connectors, that are connected by wire to the blue and white terminals, what sockets are they plugged into ??

IF the blue and white terminals are speaker outputs, then you should NEVER have something from them plugging back into the unit

Putting hi power audio signal into the low power audio output of the DVD unit is garanteed to kill it

Dave

billitary

Apr 15, 2013
I beleave it was the aux input. I acedentaly riped the wires out and then put them back in but instea

billitary

Apr 15, 2013
of the speaker wires it was the composite. so i didint look like that when i did it but thats the jist of what i did in that picture. I had spliced the composite so i could connect to my 3.5mm computer sound card jack. So what did i fry I want to find it and replace it there was smoke but still havent found where it came from

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
As I said in my last post, ... you CANNOT take the speaker outputs and direct them back into an input.
You will have damaged that input, and maybe even damaged the output amplifier

It may be repairable, but it would be a difficult job identifying each individual part that has been zapped by the high voltage and current from the audio amplifier.
It probably would be well beyond the avg home electronics guy unless they had a really good electronics background

can you try and get a service manual for the unit... hopefully will have a schematic... it would give you a chance of identifying the components must likely damaged

Dave

billitary

Apr 15, 2013
thanks. what if i plug it back in like that and let it cook mabie ill see what is burning?? ugh nm just rememberd after i took it apart now it wont turn on it auto shuts off and runs code f61 on the screen. but ill try and get the schematic

billitary

Apr 15, 2013
nm just fixxed that evin tho the fan has never worked which is why i got it because it would over heat still needs to be pluged in no more error code. I am going to test every connection to see if any are working

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
I wouldn't be too worried about putting a high AC or DC voltage into the Aux input. They're high impedance and no significant current will flow.

But possibly the amplifier uses a bridge-tied load and has its outputs sitting above 0V (at half the power amplifier's supply rail voltage). If that's the case, if you connect either of the speaker wires to earth, that will damage the amplifier, or at least cause a protection circuit to activate.

Removing the short should clear the problem, but since it doesn't, I guess something has been permanently damaged in the output stage.

What is the manufacturer and model number? You, or someone here, can Google it and try to find a service manual or schematic diagram, to confirm that it's a BTL output with a DC offset, and see what components might have been damaged.

For example it may just be a small resistor, which lost its smoke quickly and isn't visibly damaged.

If it isn't, I can't think of any likely explanation offhand. Although if a service manual is available, it will have some explanation for the "f61" error code... even if it's just "take it to a repair shop".

billitary

Apr 15, 2013
the f61 was because the fan was-int plugged in but the fan dos-int work anyway lol I haven't been able to find a manual yet. and its a panasonic sa-ht70. Hay do any of you know where I could get a hexacon select o track solder iorn tip its a old school one i cant find it online? deff the amp part i tryed it on the am fm and non of them worked I also made sure the speaker i used worked

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
wait can i use a omhs metter to check all the capacitors??

Not usually.

The three tools I use are:

1) my eyes
2) a capacitance meter
3) an ESR meter.

Some multimeters have (2), but none I've seen have (1) or (3).