Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Panasonic SA-PT670 CD player and surround sound

KeepOurFreedoms

Dec 30, 2017
Hi, This device quit working. I want to look inside and see if there is a fuse that might need replacing. I've taken the screws out but am unable to get the lid off. Please tell me how to get the lid off. Thank you.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi, This device quit working. I want to look inside and see if there is a fuse that might need replacing. I've taken the screws out but am unable to get the lid off. Please tell me how to get the lid off. Thank you.

have you looked for a manual online .... disassembly info is usually in the manual

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Usually a power supply problem - these are inevitably SMPS (switched mode) in modern equipment so you'll have to get access to it and post images of the circuit board (top and bottom).

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir KeepOurFreedoms . . . . .

Oh Tayyyyyyy . . . . so you found BLUE F1 intact . . . . which also could have been tested between the AC line cord prongs and looking to read that 3.9 megohm just past it, IF the fuse is not blown.

Next due consideration would be the Main power supply in the unit which has its first in line components included within that supplies info given in the lower schema snippet.

It has BLUE F2 . . . a much lower 1.6A mini sized unit . . . . . if it is blown, the nearest suspects would be the nearby Full Wave Bridge rectifier units, marked in YELLOW.

If only one or multiple diodes are shorted within them . . . .there goes the fuse.

If all diodes test good and the fuse is also good , one could then AC power up and test across the RED filter capacitors to see if they are having their DC supply voltage being across them.

The top RED supply capacitor is the most likely to have its voltage, as the other one is dependent upon a Switch Mode Power Supply, being operational and then closing a relay to feed power to the Lower RED supply capacitor.

Thassssssssssit for now . . . . .I sit back now . . . . and see " How 'ya doin' ? " . . .a la Robert De Niro

Le Schematiques . . . .

upload_2017-12-31_8-51-47.png
73's de Edd

Last edited: