Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Part ID, leading to crt of 90s sanyo television

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3030093606...OsH1YyAu3GaHgwvC2I4YHGRAERoRDxXgaAvr_EALw_wcB

Right back at you . . .
The "flyback" transformer that is generating the HIGH VOLTAGE . . .DC . . . for the ultor of the picture tube, coming out of its RED high voltage lead with its attached "suction cup " connector and
usually, its providing ~1000 volts DC per inch of picture tube size
Then there are the additional two minor, reduced supplies.
They are for the Focus and Screen voltages, with their associated adjustment pots.
Usually its10-12 KV DC for focus and in the 750-1000 VDC range for the screen supplies.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Also known by other acronyms such as:
HOT Horizontal output transformer.
LOPT Line output Transformer
FBT Flyback.
;)
The SS HV rectifier is often incorporated into the body of the transformer.

DickFreed

Aug 6, 2021
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3030093606...OsH1YyAu3GaHgwvC2I4YHGRAERoRDxXgaAvr_EALw_wcB

Right back at you . . .
The "flyback" transformer that is generating the HIGH VOLTAGE . . .DC . . . for the ultor of the picture tube, coming out of its RED high voltage lead with its attached "suction cup " connector and
usually, its providing ~1000 volts DC per inch of picture tube size
Then there are the additional two minor, reduced supplies.
They are for the Focus and Screen voltages, with their associated adjustment pots.
Usually its10-12 KV DC for focus and in the 750-1000 VDC range for the screen supplies.

Nice description. It’s going to lead me down a rabbit hole. - - . . . . . . - -

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir DickFreed . . . . .
You say . . . . .
It’s going to lead me down a rabbit hole. - - . . . . . . - -

Why's that . . . . . . B'cuz . . . . . if you have a lit up raster on the CRT and you can see the fine scanning lines . . . .there is being a HV presence at its ultor and proper enough screen voltage to even permit a raster, and then, its focus voltage presence, is what permits you to see those fine scanning line sets..

If having no test equipment . . . .e g . . . . . a high voltage probe . . . . . hold a NE-2 neon lamp by its leads and then place its glass envelope up close to the plastic circular bobbin profile of the high voltage winding . . .??? . . .(HALF WAY between the top and bottom of its height ) and it will light up orange.
That would thereby be signifying a quite decent level of high voltage activity / presence.
PLUS there is also the possibility of a fault in the DRIVING circuitry of that transformer or its power supply.
For a more in depth analysis . . . . provide us with the model number of this . . .purported . . .SANYO Tee Wee..

DickFreed

Aug 6, 2021
B’cuz I easily become distracted, then disappointed haha. B’cuz I already don’t understand radios, computers, or cellphones much at all. I don’t need to expand my horizons. But the call of the siren led me into taking apart a perfectly working TV because it was just sitting there. So no problems to diagnose. I’ve since deposited the screen and case in the trash, but wrote the model # on the board I kept. So if you are just curious as to know, here you go

I think that says DSS1650

https://imgur.com/a/6AqQjgS