Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Pascal Compiler/IDE for ARM7TDMI

pas4ever

Sep 3, 2010
Hi !
I search desperatly a real pascal IDE/compiler for my Olimex development board. (A real pascal compiler, not oberon or modula :) ). There is no result on google... So our suggestions are welcome.
Thanks.

David Parker

Jul 31, 2010
If there is a C compiler for your platform then learn C. Its not that different to Pascal and can do all the same things.

pas4ever

Sep 3, 2010
I develop in pascal since many years.... So i love pascal and wouldn't change my favorite language...
But if i don't the choice, i change my programming language, but never the C ! :)
Thanks for your reply.
Regards

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I've been programming commercially in Pascal for more than 20 years. I've switched to C++ :(

pas4ever

Sep 3, 2010
It's a bad news....:(
I dont know why the pascal is no longer a "professionnal" programming language. Look the fabulous Delphi 2011 (XE)...The pascal language is not dead !
Now, create a pascal compiler for ARM7 should be a real and good solution such as C or basic...

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It's probably because Embarcadero are so lost that they can't keep their customers satisfied.

We pay for Software Assurance for Architect, and *every* time there has been a major upgrade I've had to badger them to get it. And They *NEVER* send notification that we need to pay the next year's SA.

I've just given up. I don't care how good 2011 is. Embarcadero, CodeGear, or whatever they cal themselves this week simply make it too damn hard and I have lost confidence in them.

I've only been using their products since 1982, so as you can see I'm a real beginner with them.

Rant over.

pas4ever

Sep 3, 2010
Hi !
I solved my problem ! Pascal is not dead ! I found a pascal Ide/Compiler for ARM7, with a lot of hardware libraries (SPI, I2C, UART..and Oled !!!!!!). it's LPC Compiler, from Rentcom Tech.
web site for a demo version: http://rentcom-embed.jimdo.com
Thanx
Regards