Maker Pro
Maker Pro

patent process on a small device

DLD

Nov 5, 2013
I've just done the patent process on a small device that has between 10 and 15 surface mount parts. It is very very
little. I figure, I can make 99 of these a month. How would I stream line the
process? I thought about making a component shape but it’s all just too little.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
What part of the process do you want to streamline?

Getting them assembled would probably streamline it the most. Assuming your PCB is up to the task, you could get hundreds made every day.

By "up to the task" I mean that it is panelised, and has the special markings which help the pick and place machines determine the exact location of the board.

If you're interested, Dave at eevblog has produced a number of videos on the subject.

DLD

Nov 5, 2013
Thanks steve,
i'm interested about it. send me link please .......about eeblog

DLD

Nov 5, 2013
I thank you for the help Steve. I also have some other issues. The power source is BR437. I wonder if there is an option to that battery that is more gladly available, like a certain number of stacked coin cells with a diameter not more than 7mm that are usually used. Also, I am having difficulties finding vibrator motors that have a diameter of the same requirement that have lower-end current draw. I know that once I dig up the ball rolling and I can buy a big number of these parts but I'm looking for maybe 70 of each at the moment. Thanks

Last edited: