Maker Pro
Maker Pro

pc dell latitude d600 no powers

kenny256

Jan 4, 2020
That Seems to be the same file as the last one in the list of previous links.

Without a schematic you would have to trace the VHCORE buss to find where it goes and is used to provide voltage. Like maybe the main CPU?

kenny256

Jan 4, 2020
On page 3 of the schematic set indicates that VHCORE is the CPU Core power 1.25/1.15V.

On page 5 shows the connections of VHCORE to a several banks of capacitors and the pins of the CPU. If any of those capacitors is shorted then the entire buss will be pulled down. If any are ceramic capacitors then those are suspect to thermal and stress cracking which can cause them to short. You would have to remove them one at a time and test on the bench.

The other likely culprit is that the CPU chip is internally damaged and shorted.

djad62

Jan 3, 2021
When I remove the cpu and I test the capacitors without removing them there is no short circuit, and when I put it back on there is a short circuit on the capacitors is it normaly or not ?

kenny256

Jan 4, 2020
That means the CPU is fried--shorted internally. It looks like the caps are all okay too if no short found with CPU removed. On the input power side before the removed resistors, you did not have a short, so the FETs are likely okay also.

kenny256

Jan 4, 2020
yes you will need to replace it with one that is not damaged, either a new or used chip. There may be some programming necessary for configuration registers, etc. i don't know about any of those details.

djad62

Jan 3, 2021
I don't understand: programming necessary for configuration registers, etc

I'm a beginner I'm sorry to ask you these questions

I would like to understand

and I thank you I learned a lot with you.

Can you explain me what the role of vhcore is, I tried to search on the internet but I found nothing

djad62

Jan 3, 2021
Hello friends,
I received the new pcu and I put it back on the motherboard without powering it, and I noticed that I still have the short circuit, I don't know if it's normal, I don't know if it's risky when I power the motherboard.

kenny256

Jan 4, 2020
Don't power it up until you find the issue. you have to find the short before adding parts back on and adding power. Could it be some misplaced solder? Check the device off the board (both old and new) by itself to see if the power and ground pins are shorted--maybe it is already bad.

kenny256

Jan 4, 2020
Or the damage/short is in the board between the VHCORE and Ground planes and becomes manifest during placement and soldering of the cpu chip. This would be physical damage to the internal traces. Try connecting the leads to test continuity on the board and apply pressure by pressing a wooden dowel against the board to see if you can cause it to beep; can also try a hot air blower to heat suspect areas of the board to cause continuity to beep.

This can't be repaired but will help you determine what is the culprit.