Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Pet Containment Project

Mark Twain

Aug 13, 2012
Hello,

I have dog and cat that I want / I need to keep separated in the house. Maybe I read too much fiction but I would like to build a circuit that would emit a sound or mild shock to the dog when he comes to close to the cat; Similar to the underground containment system but not as powerful. I was wondering if anyone had an idea how this could be done. I have been thinking of using IR transmitter / receiver system but I am not sure this would work. Any ideas and thoughts you might have would be appreciated. A Sample circuit would be good to look at.

Take care,[/SIZE]

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
It's a bad idea as you give the cat the ability to torment the dog to no end, when he/she is doing nothing wrong thus you won't be able to curb behavior because the dog won't be able to associate why it's triggered...

Example

Dog laying in the middle of the room doing absolutely nothing... Cat runs by, dog gets punished, and now believes that laying in the middle of the room is bad... Dog lays in corner of room, cat runs by, dog punished again and believes that laying in the corner of the room is wrong... See where this leads? You will give the dog a complex and only confuse him more...

Last edited:

Mark Twain

Aug 13, 2012
Hello,

I have considered all that you have written. I am only looking for (if possible) a short distance solution - not feet but inches. To deter the dog from getting within the length of his nose from the cat.

Take care,