Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Philco ac outdoor unit PCB ce-kfr90gw/i1y

maneshnandwani

Oct 1, 2018
I have the above captioned board that got wet due to a typhoon and am trying to figure out which part is damaged. The led light turns on but starts blinking after a couple of mins as both the compressor and fan does not turn on and at the same time indoor unit shuts off also.

Attachments

• IMG_7106.JPG
    IMG_7106.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 22

maneshnandwani

Oct 1, 2018
I have the above captioned board that got wet due to a typhoon and am trying to figure out which part is damaged. The led light turns on but starts blinking after a couple of mins as both the compressor and fan does not turn on and at the same time indoor unit shuts off also.

Attachments

• IMG_7125.JPG
    IMG_7125.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 20

maneshnandwani

Oct 1, 2018
That's the old board and I bought a new board but the new board doesn't work, so I'm trying to repair the old board.

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
First, have you used a multimeter to determine that when the compressor should turn, it is outputting the voltage to it? I mean trace the relay that activates it and see if it is closing the circuit or failing to energize the relay coil to do that.

maneshnandwani

Oct 1, 2018
First, have you used a multimeter to determine that when the compressor should turn, it is outputting the voltage to it? I mean trace the relay that activates it and see if it is closing the circuit or failing to energize the relay coil to do that.
Thanks dave9. I used a tester to check output post relay and there is current being produced.

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
You can't measure current produced unless it is delivered through the load. Measure whether there is appropriate voltage at the compressor and fan.

I will say that one of the common faults on an A/C system is that the compressor (or fan motor) capacitor has failed.

Last edited:

maneshnandwani

Oct 1, 2018
You can't measure current produced unless it is delivered through the load. Measure whether there is appropriate voltage at the compressor and fan.

I will say that one of the common faults on an A/C system is that the compressor or fan motor capacitor has failed.
I can manually engage the ac contactor that switches on the compressor so the compressor is working. I am pretty sure that there is something only wrong with the pcb as I have switched the pcb from an identical a/c and it works.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
You have two boards, one of which is 100% ok. It should be a simple matter to make comparative test between the two.

Start by measuring the voltages around IC1 (appears to be a voltage regulator) then the transistors.