Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Philips 42PF5321D/37 No Picture/Sound

nobby

Sep 23, 2009
I've got a Phlips plasma I'm working on, model number above, chassis number EP1.1U AA. When mains are applied, I get three relay clicks, then the front LED starts blinking red six times (service manual, link included below, indicates 5V supply). Started pulling 5V connectors coming from the main supply board; they all test out at 5.14VDC.

Pulling one of the connectors leading to the SSB from the supply board allows the TV to fire up without the error, though the picture still won't fire (I get a flashing vertical line and that's it). Plugging this connector back in and power cycling gets me an error code on the diganostic board of the main supply board, which flashes 13 times (labelled 5VDL). Power cycle again and I am back to the original state of six red LED flashes on the front panel.

I did find one 3A SMD fuse on the SSB which was blown. Replaced it with another fuse with no luck. Tried another SSB from another set (which MAY have had the same issue), and still no luck.

All signs point to the SSB, but there are only a handful of components besides the processors on this thing. Any more tips or things to check?

tvtek

Sep 14, 2009
The SSB's were a common failure item. If you found a open fuse on the SSB board, then your SSB is bad..

k-dubs

Dec 17, 2009
I've got a Phlips plasma I'm working on, model number above, chassis number EP1.1U AA. When mains are applied, I get three relay clicks, then the front LED starts blinking red six times (service manual, link included below, indicates 5V supply). Started pulling 5V connectors coming from the main supply board; they all test out at 5.14VDC.

Pulling one of the connectors leading to the SSB from the supply board allows the TV to fire up without the error, though the picture still won't fire (I get a flashing vertical line and that's it). Plugging this connector back in and power cycling gets me an error code on the diganostic board of the main supply board, which flashes 13 times (labelled 5VDL). Power cycle again and I am back to the original state of six red LED flashes on the front panel.

I did find one 3A SMD fuse on the SSB which was blown. Replaced it with another fuse with no luck. Tried another SSB from another set (which MAY have had the same issue), and still no luck.

All signs point to the SSB, but there are only a handful of components besides the processors on this thing. Any more tips or things to check?
nobby,

I too have a Philips 42PF5321D/37 that has no picture or sound. However, only the green LED comes on. There is no red LED action whatsoever. Would you mind passing along the link to the service manual you mentioned in your post? It said you included the link, but it's not showing up anywhere. If the admin won't let you post it, would you mind messaging it to me? I would like to avoid forking up money for service manual since if there's a chance that the TV is unrepairable.

Thanks!