Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Philips Monitor 230E1HSB/27 - Screen goes black seconds after working

JwrHanna

Jan 27, 2022
I started with trying this monitor on a chromebook. The screen went black seconds after working. Note the monitor power led stays lit. I tried a different HDMI cable which works on other devices. I have replaced the power inverter board - 492191400100R ILPI-136 which did not fix my problem.
on 230E1HSB/27
Philips Monitor 230e1hsb27.jpg
Philips Power Inverter Board - 492191400100R ILPI-136. Inverter interface on the left side of this board. Since the screen works in the first few seconds the inverter is working.
Power Inverter Board.jpg

Philips Interface Board: What could causing the black screen? Is it possible the interface board is not working as it should? I have yet to try replacing the power cable but I have my doubts.
Control Board.png
Please any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
William

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
You didn’t say whether you tried the monitor on a different device.

Did you go into settings and select ‘mirror display’ on the chrome book?

Martin

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
The screen went black seconds after working
My external monitor too goes black after a few seconds without signal (although it says so on the screen before it does). Make sure the computer issues a valid signal on the HDMI port. Or try another port (DP, DVI, VGA, whatever is available on both computer and monitor).

I tried a different HDMI cable
Make sure the input is set to HDMI in the monitor settings.
Try the monitor on another computer?

I have yet to try replacing the power cable but I have my doubts.
Your doubts are justified: If the power LED stays on, there is power to the monitor and the cable is the most unlikely culprit of all.