Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Philips Pm3585 logic analyser, EPROM dump.

AndyKirky

Dec 28, 2023
Hi folks,
I had a stupid moment and left a bright light aiming directly at the EPROMs while replacing the SRAM chips, strangely enough it now doesn't work, much diagnostics later with another analyser and guess what?
You know when you think "I really should take a copy of that while it's apart, you never know"?
I've not tried anything clever to try recover it yet as I've left midi my kit at work but though I'd ask in case.
Do any of you fine people happen to have a dump of the 2 (odd/even) EPROMs in a 3585 or any 358x version?
Ill try reading it at different voltages and see if the checksum tallys up but it's fairly well blanked by looks of it, 33 years plus an hour of LED light with a rubbish thin translucent sticker on the window.
Please help, she's not ready to go yet.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
As a kid I used to play archaeologist and dig up eproms along with 741 opamps, did you point a thousand watt light bulb at it? you can leave eproms out in the sun all day without degrading the stored charge in eproms plus the
Quartz window did have what amounts to a diffuser reducing the light level an order of magnitude that light bulb must have sufficient energy to produce discharge current and that is dependent on light wavelength that's why they use UV light and then it's sitting right on top of the window but as you stated easy enough to confirm the check sum
With the appropriate reader. Good luck to you