Maker Pro
Maker Pro

photo transistor

KAMRANHAFEEZ100

Apr 26, 2010
i want to buy photo transistor LTR 4206E but it is not available in the market so kindly tell me a photo transistor that can be used instead of above mentioned transistor

Last edited by a moderator:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Here is a similar phototransistor. The peak sensitivity is slightly different, as is the "viewing angle"

This may be OK, it may be totally wrong, or it just may be plain too expensive. Only you can tell.

What you need to do in the future is to look at the specs of the device and note down the ones that are significant for your design.

It could be any one (or more) of the following: Dark current, "on" current, peak sensitivity, viewing angle, Vceo, power dissipation, temperature range, package, rise/fall time, or any one of the other specified values.

Then you take this and you go to your favourite on-line store and search for appropriate parts.

For digikey (I tend to use them for searching) you do the following:

1) go to their home page
2) type in "phototransistor" in the search box and hit enter.
3) select the appropriate type of component (in this case "sensors, phototransistors").
4) start selecting the criteria from the set of lists to find one matching your requirements.

You may beed to be flexible. For example, if you require a Vceo of 20V, you can select everything from 20V and up -- higher is OK. For peak sensitivity, perhaps you can choose a few nm either side (how many? I can't really say). Continue until you get a list of parts (or occasionally just one part)