Maker Pro
Maker Pro

PIC emulator software

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
Ha, good luck with that! The two posts that I made there are still sitting in the "Awaiting Approval" bin. I fully expect them to stay there for eternity. That said I do appreciate the efforts that were made there. It just seems like it was some time ago and the board activity and book completion are in a coma.

Here's one that I think you'll really like . .. I do. It's good stuff from down under.....
http://users.tpg.com.au/users/talking/index_of_chapters.html

Cheers,
Chris

I had good luck Chris ;-)

I will review the other site, by our own Colin, if I am not mistaken!

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
I had good luck Chris ;-)

I will review the other site, by our own Colin, if I am not mistaken!

Are you saying you received an answer to an email?

As for Colin... I didn't make the connection. It really is a small world!

Chris

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
Are you saying you received an answer to an email?

As for Colin... I didn't make the connection. It really is a small world!

Chris

Yes, I had offered to help with the wording of his website. He was interested for some help with two upcoming pieces. I sent him another email today and await a response.

Colin does have a lot of information on his websites. I wish they were better organized. He's a good chap for sharing, he just needs to be more patient and understand that his own view is not the only one.

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Interesting that he responded to your email. I wonder why my questions posted to the pic book forum are still in limbo? I assume only I can see them and that's only because the book forum identifies my cookies.

Regarding Colin:
I searched member's threads and found quite a few posts with you and he engaged in verbal warfare. I wonder if I ever crossed swords with him? Sometimes I can't remember if or what I had for breakfast. So if I did it wouldn't be a surprise to me. ....I've actually Googled various electronics & VB info and found the answers to my search provided by some guy named CDRIVE! Now this has to be the purist of all possible examples of forgetfulness.

Cheers,
Chris

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
Interesting that he responded to your email. I wonder why my questions posted to the pic book forum are still in limbo? I assume only I can see them and that's only because the book forum identifies my cookies.

Regarding Colin:
I searched member's threads and found quite a few posts with you and he engaged in verbal warfare. I wonder if I ever crossed swords with him? Sometimes I can't remember if or what I had for breakfast. So if I did it wouldn't be a surprise to me. ....I've actually Googled various electronics & VB info and found the answers to my search provided by some guy named CDRIVE! Now this has to be the purist of all possible examples of forgetfulness.

Cheers,
Chris

I emailed him directly to the webmaster address at the site. He may not monitor the forum as closely or has delegated it to others.

I wouldn't say verbal warfare, there were times where he was just being rude and other times I simply stated facts to my knowledge. There might have been a time where there was the pot calling the kettle black so to speak, but I don't think I went below the belt ;-) I think experience should be revered, but also people need to be mindful and respectful of other opinions and walks of life.

Google has transformed the way we learn for sure! LOL - Chris, what you may lack in memory I am sure you make up for in spades with experience ;):)

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Last edited:

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Well, I've got some run time using MPLAB v8.92 under my belt now and am beginning to feel comfortable within the IDE. I'm curious about the "Output To File" option found under the right click menu in the all of the register windows. That option only seems to grab a single register address and does not update the text file. I.E. the value sent to the text file is static. It seems to be more akin to a copy & paste.

Thanks,

Chris

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
Well, I've got some run time using MPLAB v8.92 under my belt now and am beginning to feel comfortable within the IDE. I'm curious about the "Output To File" option found under the right click menu in the all of the register windows. That option only seems to grab a single register address and does not update the text file. I.E. the value sent to the text file is static. It seems to be more akin to a copy & paste.

Thanks,

Chris
Hi Chris, I was doing some reading on Microchip's site and came across their own training which is now self paced. I thought it was pretty cool. The coverage of the IDE is pretty good, they assume nothing so they go over the buttons, which is nice for a quick familiarity of the program. Here is the intro page.

Also, there is a nice flow chart here.

Hope your mplab education is going well.
Cheers :)

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
C&H, thanks for the links. I'll check them out.

Chris