Maker Pro
Maker Pro

pic16f877A

jestin603

Oct 21, 2012
i want to transmitt data one pic to another pic.example i transmitting 5 volts to ports to 39-33 and30-28 and me wants to get on respctive port on recivr side........how want make prgrm?'

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Lots of ways for two PIC chips to communicate, you need to explain what type of data and how much data you want to send between them...

Also there are a lot of different ways to write code for PIC chips, what compiler/language are you using?

jestin603

Oct 21, 2012
i want to transmitt data one pic to another pic.example i transmitting 5 volts to ports to 39-33 and30-28 and me wants to get on respctive port on recivr side........how want make prgrm?'

its only a switching purpose nearly 10 devices...the +5 v given to transmitting side pic on input ports.me wants to get respective out on the recevier section by using rf mdle....which rf mdle me wants to use?

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
You want to send it wireless? If so you need to decide on what type, there are cheap RF modules as well as Bluetooth... Implementation will depend solely on the devices you choose...

If you want to do it wired very simply, dump the 10 values to binary and use four pins, and either pool the ports constantly for a change or use an extra pin to signal a new value and read the ports at that time...

jestin603

Oct 21, 2012
i want to send wireless..one of the aim of this project is that switching of the devices in long range nearly minimum 500 metrs.

jestin603

Oct 21, 2012
i need to interface pic and rf mdle...can i connct it dirctly?if any component need ?how it make possible?

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
i need to interface pic and rf mdle...can i connct it dirctly?if any component need ?how it make possible?

As I said...

If so you need to decide on what type, there are cheap RF modules as well as Bluetooth... Implementation will depend solely on the devices you choose...

Google/Ebay serial RF modules, or serial Bluetooth... Both those will be simple direct connect to most micros using serial communications, you could even use a cheap binary RF encoder chip for this and do it as I suggested with a wire using the paired binary RF encoder/decoder pairs to send the info...

Research your wireless options...

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
As my first reply said what compiler and/or language are you using? Also do you have the datasheet for the units? Do you know how to do serial communication? Have you consulted your compiler manual for how to do serial communications?

jestin603

Oct 21, 2012
i dont know more abt this topic...so i humbly reqst u to give me some guideline....which language is eazy to it?how make a progrm for this purpuse...what steps me wants to follow?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Have you written a program to flash a LED on and off yet?

Do that first so you can learn.

screwball

Jan 9, 2012
i dont know more abt this topic...so i humbly reqst u to give me some guideline....which language is eazy to it?how make a progrm for this purpuse...what steps me wants to follow?

Most PICs using C language as far as i know,

A knowledge of other processing languages such as .PHP, .BAT etc are a great help,
To learn, you want to start off the basics like a flashing LED as steve said,
You wouldnt start primary school learning trigonometry in maths for example, same principle applies here, if you search google with what pic your trying to program and what compiler etc your using for tutorials then there should be a few

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Most PICs using C language as far as i know

PICs like any processor only know there own proprietary assembly/machine code...

You can get compilers that will translate from many different more human friendly languages into the native PIC code... This can be C, BASIC, PASCAL, pictorial (flowchart), Ladder Logic and/or a proprietary language to name a few...

C is the most universal cross platform as well as the most used 'professionally' by todays standards, but you are far from limited to using just C...

screwball

Jan 9, 2012
PICs like any processor only know there own proprietary assembly/machine code...

You can get compilers that will translate from many different more human friendly languages into the native PIC code... This can be C, BASIC, PASCAL, pictorial (flowchart), Ladder Logic and/or a proprietary language to name a few...

C is the most universal cross platform as well as the most used 'professionally' by todays standards, but you are far from limited to using just C...

This is kind of what i meant to an extent, however i didnt know it in full detail as you say,

However, im curious as to this "you are far from limited to using just C", what is less limiting? i thought C was the rawest code PICs use if that makes sense meaning that its likely to be the language you can do most on = less limiting

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
However, im curious as to this "you are far from limited to using just C", what is less limiting?

What I meant is that you can program PICs all day and not know any C, as long as you learn one of the other languages...

i thought C was the rawest code PICs use if that makes sense meaning that its likely to be the language you can do most on = less limiting
Assembly is the 'rawest' language you can use to program any micro, C is just like any other high level language, it needs to be converted to assembly and then programmed... C doesn't offer any real extended functionality over any other language, all the languages have their ups and downs but at the end of the day they all do pretty much the same thing...

At the end of the day a lot of it is optimization of the code, some compilers create better code in the end, but that is not to say C creates better code then BASIC... It's fully dependent on the application and compiler used...

If you want the absolute most flexibility and optimization you learn assembly, but it's has a harder learning curve vs other high level languages, and in most cases that level of optimization is never needed...

jestin603

Oct 21, 2012
thankz fr ur valubale information....pls send me the prgrm model for my abve purpos..need any additonl component for interfacing pic and rf mdle?

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
thankz fr ur valubale information....pls send me the prgrm model for my abve purpos..need any additonl component for interfacing pic and rf mdle?

You have stated you want to do this with the PIC16F877A, so I would suggest you explore one of the compilers on Microsofts Official site...

http://www.microchip.com/stellent/i...deId=1406&dDocName=en534868&page=wwwCompilers

Or consider one of many other commercial offerings, Mikroe is a good place IMO to start...

http://www.mikroe.com/pic/compilers/

Of course there are MANY other options out there...