Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Piece counter

fpballistics

Dec 22, 2011
I am looking for help on designing a parts counter. I am looking for something that will count how many pieces pass thru the eye or IR beam. This is a home project and not commercial. I have no electronics background and would like a componants list if possible. I want to be able to take say a handful of brass and pour them down a funnel into a tube. as they pass the eye they are counted on a display as to how many there are. I have been searching the internet for days looking for this.. Please help

Paul

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Hi there.
I use to shoot, i cant help, so sorry there, your website is cool, if only we where allowed decent firearms in the UK.

Shame that. I would think some one will pick up on your plight soon, if i could help i would, but your request is a bit much for me.

Anyway good luck with it, oh your website forum looks in need of some TLC. :)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The easiest way may be to get the differential weight and then divide this by an average weight of each item.

Likewise, if you want a particular number, you need to tare your scales and continue pouring the brass until a certain weight is achieved.