Maker Pro
Maker Pro

PiezoElectric Tiles

Dave Benemerito

Sep 26, 2015
Hello everyone! My name is Dave Benemerito from Davao City, Philippines. I'm 13 years old.
I just want to ask help for my project.DSC_0440.JPGIt is a PiezoElectric tiles generator. For my Circuit, I used a UA741CP OpAmp IC to amplify the signal. I'm not really sure for my pin configurations. Actually I put 9V power supply on Pins 4 and 7 of the IC, and I;m confused wether I'm right or wrong. Thats why I need your help. My diagram was like this... DIAGMF (2 files merged).pdf I need your suggestions for the schematics and circuit designs inorder to work, because mine didn't actually work.DSC_0442.JPG DSC_0425.JPG DSC_0444.JPG
Thank You Very much in advance for your replies!

Attachments

• DIAGMF (2 files merged).pdf
    88.5 KB · Views: 267

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
if your aim is to harvest power then your circuit will not work as all the power would come from the battery.

what are you trying to do?

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Welcome to EP, Dave!
Download and read the 741's datasheet to be sure of connecting the pins correctly. A bad guess can destroy the op-amp.
Can you post a schematic of your circuit?

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
Your soldering is no better than mine.:)

I suggest that you remove the solder with a solder sucker or braid and then replace with flux cored solder, using a good hot iron. Bad contacts may be reason it does not work. Lead free solder needs a higher temperature than normal 60Sn/40Pb.

The copper appears to be oxidised. If this is so, it may be better to remove all the components and clean the board with fine abrasive until it is shiny. Do not touch the cleaned board with your (greasy and salty) fingers.

The solder should flow without forming balls.

See the thread by 8bit also.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi Dave Benemerito
welcome to EP :)

your idea was good, but if you are indeed trying to do as Steve said ... power harvesting,
then this isn't going to work. An Op-Amp doesn't quite work the way you pictured it to.

1) ... The Op-Amp needs a power supply for a start and as Steve said, the power you supply is what you
are going to see at the output not the extremely tiny amount the piezo generates
2) ... the bridge rectifier doesn't quite work that way either.

@Alec_t this is his circuit ....

cct.GIF

Dave

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Your soldering is no better than mine.:)

I suggest that you remove the solder with a solder sucker or braid and then replace with flux cored solder, using a good hot iron. Bad contacts may be reason it does not work. Lead free solder needs a higher temperature than normal 60Sn/40Pb.

The copper appears to be oxidised. If this is so, it may be better to remove all the components and clean the board with fine abrasive until it is shiny. Do not touch the cleaned board with your (greasy and salty) fingers.

The solder should flow without forming balls.

See the thread by 8bit also.

regardless of the soldering problems ... the whole idea, unfortunately is flawed :(
see previous post

D

Old Steve

Jul 23, 2015
@Dave Benemerito, it's certainly an advanced subject that you're getting into. I think a bit of encouragement is in order. It's really good to see you having a go.

I just found a couple of papers on the subject that you might want to read. There are some hints in them, but I couldn't find any decent circuits:-
http://www.academia.edu/8538559/Pie..._Vibration_Induced_Deformation_of_Floor_Tiles

http://www.academia.edu/6501083/Ele...g_Piezoelectric_Ceramic_Tile_Prototype_Design

Sorry I couldn't help more. I was hoping to find a simple, proven circuit.

Edit: You might get some more ideas here, too:-
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=ii4HVsKLDeXKmwXhkofoDQ

And here:-
https://www.teachengineering.org/vi...es/uoh_piezo/uoh_piezo_lesson01_activity1.xml

Last edited:

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
A common pencil eraser will do a stellar job of removing oxidation from an un-tinned PCB. In lieu of that a scotch-bright pad is OK. Don't use sand or Emory paper.

Chris