Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Piggy-back a resistive touch screen?

Thecheat

Sep 13, 2010
I'm trying to set up a toggle switch to swap between two resistive touch screen controllers on the same controller. I thought I could do it by attaching the 4 touch leads (X+, X-, Y+, Y-) to both controllers and toggling power to one chip or another but the powered down controller threw off the measurements.

So my next idea is to put a DPDT switch in between the two controllers and the negative leads and use that to switch the controllers. Hopefully this will work as I do not have enough room for a quad switch.

Any thoughts on this? Should I switch the positive leads instead?

Thanks!

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
well, I would use (at least) a 4PDT switch to switch X+. X- Y+, and Y-.

But you may need more poles to switch either the power or the outputs, depending on how you have it all connected.

If you don't have room, find a smaller switch :)

Thecheat

Sep 13, 2010
Easier said than done but yeah, I may need a 4 pole switch. Only problem is I have an area about 3/8", maybe a little more, where I can stuff a switch.

Thecheat

Sep 13, 2010
Well, I dug around and couldn't really find a switch to fit my size constraints. I'm going to try to make this happen with a DPDT.

Would I be better putting the switch on the positive or negative side? I'm assuming positive, correct?