Maker Pro
Maker Pro

pioneer cdj 1000mk2 coil problems

7heaven

Dec 23, 2023
Hello everyone, I need some help, the coils shown in the diagram are all faulty.Pioneer Part number ATL7002 but I could not find any coil with this cod this device is pioneer cdj 1000mk2 how can I find this coil or how can I find the value of this coil thanks in for helping...Untitled.png

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
What makes you thin they are faulty? What is your definition of a 'fault' with these parts?

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
You'll need a schematic with annotated values or a parts list that tells you the value of these coils.
This is only the first part of your voyage into trobled seas. Coils don't "explode" for no reason. So there is likely another faut - inless you caused the "explosion" by some action of your's.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The inductors are inevitably power signal conditioning components and would only 'explode' if there was significant 'dirt' on the supply lines. You could/should check the smoothing capacitors related to them (C501/C502 for L501 and L502 respectively) for potential short circuits else check the main PSU circuitry as defective smoothing capacitors (failed ESR) can allow HF supply noise onto the power lines and destroy such inductors.

As for its value, unless we can decode the ATL7002 code (no luck so far) the best you can do is take its physical package size (SMD range) and use the parametric component search facility at Mouser (or similar) using additional parameters such as expected max current flow (few 100 mA perhaps?) and take a stab at it...... apart from current handling practically any value will 'work' without serious consequences. It would actually help if you knew the switching frequency of the SMPS too.

How are the rest of your fault diagnosis results panning out?

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir 7 heaven . . . . .

You say . . . .
the coils shown in the diagram are all faulty

I looked them up and the pink box and their positioning on the schematic reveals them as being high frequency EMI-RFI supression filters in the 1.8 and 3.3 V power supply.
This is on the IC501 in my snippet.
The same units are also used on the "400" series IC and the "600" series IC, so 6 identical uses are found . . to make analytical comparison against.
NOTE! that Pioneer specifies it as a "chip ferrite bead"
Most of my early day dealings was finding them as being a leaded item as in my YELLOW boxed item .
A wire inductance fed thru a ferrite bead. . . . . .take a 1.8 v or 3.3 v supply and try to burn that damn gauge of wire open !
Which leads to the far left schema illustration of just how those " inductors" /coils are being used.

Surface mounted units appearances follow my center reference or the right bottom reference.
Or go to . . .
and see if you see a like unit there in all of those pics . . . . . .or better yet send us a close in pic of those "bad" units.

Now with a clueless person seeing the rough erose black surface finish on the units shown on my right bottom illustration . . . . . . . don't they look fried and burn up ?
Perchance is that your units situation.

MAMA DON'T TAKE . . . MAMA DON'T TAKE . . . MAMA DON'T TAKE MY KODACHROME AWAY . . . . .
www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ltLp30KVs

1703447752863.png
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssit . . . . .

73's de Edd . . . . .

Know what ? . . . . . My three favorite things are eating my family and not using commas.
[/MEDIA]

Last edited: