Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Pioneer cx-790/m-790 won't turn on. Are they worth getting fixed ?

Uncledenny60

Dec 25, 2019
I got both units for free but neither one turns on. Should I get them fixed or is it better to just get rid of them ?

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
That depends on many things.
Where you live, what access to Ebay etc.
Are you capable of carrying out repairs ( your electronics knowledge and experience with repairs)

As an example I just saw 2 units in the States for $25.00 each on Ebay.

Uncledenny60

Dec 25, 2019
I have basic knowledge and a few friends with electronics experience. I looked but did not see any fuses and couldn't find anything on line about a reset for these units

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Like anything in troubleshooting, it will require some knowledge of the operation of the power supply type in the unit and ability to trace problem from what is known to be good towards the trouble spot.
At the moment, without any schematics and a report of what you have tested so far, (point to point) it really is like how long is a piece of string.
Nothing here for us to go by in the way of diagrams, photos, etc etc.

It could be somethings as simple as a crook switch, a broken plug or socket to a faulty smps, the latter of which not many newbies would have a clue on which way to go.

I doubt there would be any kind of "reset" in this, it's not really like a pc or a gameboy.

Uncledenny60

Dec 25, 2019
Like anything in troubleshooting, it will require some knowledge of the operation of the power supply type in the unit and ability to trace problem from what is known to be good towards the trouble spot.
At the moment, without any schematics and a report of what you have tested so far, (point to point) it really is like how long is a piece of string.
Nothing here for us to go by in the way of diagrams, photos, etc etc.

It could be somethings as simple as a crook switch, a broken plug or socket to a faulty smps, the latter of which not many newbies would have a clue on which way to go.

I doubt there would be any kind of "reset" in this, it's not really like a pc or a gameboy.
I will most likely sell them as they are. I have two other complete systems( sony and kenwood) so I don't really need these. I appreciate the help , thank you