Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Pittway custom IC!!

blackout123

Aug 28, 2019
If you already know what I am talking about, skip this paragraph. Otherwise: I have obtained a pair of 28-pin ICs labeled "Pittway '93 N6495V1". I am looking for a datasheet, but the IC seems to be a custom job. The next paragraph contains info that might help somebody find a datasheet, via an advanced search or something, idk if there's a database that can search IC's by number of pins, power and ground pin locations, etc or not.

I have identified pin 6 as the power pin and pin 23 as the ground pin. Pins 7-10 and 19-22 are for a 4x4 keypad, each key connecting one of the former four pins to one of the latter four, depending on the row and column of the button. There is one more thing. The power source I am using is a wall wart, and it puts out about 11 volts with no load (I didn't check the voltage across the IC, but the current should be enough info). I measured 6.8 mA across the power and ground pins. Across 25 of the other 26 pins and the power pin, nothing, but for pin 4, the current measures 4.1 mA and then decreases at a steady rate of .1-.2 mA per second. I don't know if it goes all the way down to zero or not.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
But . . . .but . . .BUT . . .BUT . . .BUT BUT BUT . . . .

You " blacked us out 456 " of the model number and PIittway . . . or one of their auxilliary companies (fire or alarm) . . . that the unit is in, that you are working with .

blackout123

Aug 28, 2019
If you already know what I am talking about, skip this paragraph. Otherwise: I have obtained a pair of 28-pin ICs labeled "Pittway '93 N6495V1". I am looking for a datasheet, but the IC seems to be a custom job. The next paragraph contains info that might help somebody find a datasheet, via an advanced search or something, idk if there's a database that can search IC's by number of pins, power and ground pin locations, etc or not. [Mod edit: links deleted as unrelated to this post]

I have identified pin 6 as the power pin and pin 23 as the ground pin. Pins 7-10 and 19-22 are for a 4x4 keypad, each key connecting one of the former four pins to one of the latter four, depending on the row and column of the button. There is one more thing. The power source I am using is a wall wart, and it puts out about 11 volts with no load (I didn't check the voltage across the IC, but the current should be enough info). I measured 6.8 mA across the power and ground pins. Across 25 of the other 26 pins and the power pin, nothing, but for pin 4, the current measures 4.1 mA and then decreases at a steady rate of .1-.2 mA per second. I don't know if it goes all the way down to zero or not.

my issue got solved!!

Last edited by a moderator:

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
You must certainly take us as some dumb bunnies in our not perceiving of your thinly veiled attempt of a " first time poster", in your sneaking in your non electro mechanical related . . . . irrelevant site / SPAM / URL link..

Last edited:

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Thanks Ed for pointing this out. Issue resolved.

Harald