Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Plc-xe40 projector help

jmh474

Jun 24, 2014
HI all so iv been given two Plc-xe40 projectors and I can't get one of them to fire up..

Iv looked over the service manual and from what I have read I'm a little bit confused, as it shows that the warning LED will come on if the projector senses a problem but this is off.

Iv looked over a few problem places like lamp don't look blown , thermal cutout continuity across contacts, cover switch continuity across contacts when closed so all look good.

One of my other problems is that iv have NO REMOTE for either of them, so iv used an app called Zaza universal remote but still nothing, there are also spaces on the MB for different push button switches, iv tried linking the power switch over but still nothing.

So I'm at a bit of a loss on what to do next.

I'm also thinking about replacing the lamp with a high power led, as a new lamp costs over £90, I know I'll have to bypass the ballast some how but this is something that I'll look into after iv got one working, any advice on this would be grateful.

Thanks for any help

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Order an extra remote (they are cheap ) because if you loose the one that came with it it becomes a useless paperweight.
There is no way to adequately control the unit except with the remote.
1400 lumens isn't the brightest, but will work great as a Halloween projector.
Probably not the best projector if you're looking at reading text since there is some distortion in areas on the screen.
Repeat . . . .You have to have the remote to make it work.
No controls even for the power on the external side.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Projector-...E45-PLC-XK2600-XK3010C-PLC-XL20-/112164871774

I'm also thinking about replacing the lamp with a high power led.

REAL L L LY . . . . . pray tell . . . . us about it and how comparatively CHEAP that could even possibly be, with its required lateral light spread and that HIGH intense degree of illumination ?
That metal halide lamp that it uses requires three stinking cooling fans on it .

Last edited: